Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• grabar
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Firenze Red

windscreen condensation

Hi all, my 2017 hse tdv6 has just had a new screen fitted, Oct 18th, by Auto glass, my old one had a crack in it, we only noticed the crack after we came out of 14 days isolation after returning from France,
    I was apprehensive about having a new screen due to all the posts on here
    I am now getting severe condensation on the inside.
    Yesterday whilst driving back from Wetherby the infotainment screen kept turning off and back on, any ideas on what it could be
    The car is back in to Autoglass on monday with their warranty technician to determine the cause of the condensation.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

wonder if it had leaked and was wet prior to the new screen being fitted? Now with decent sealing the moisture is trapped?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • grabar
    United Kingdom 

I kept an eye on it after I noticed the crack, it did not seem to get any moisture thru, Plus I did not notice any condensation, I think it was about 4 days before I could get it in for screen replacement, after I noticed the crack
  • grabar
    United Kingdom 

well, my local LR dealer had it in, they said they had fixed the fault, major software update, took 4.5 hours they said, collected the car, and guess what, the infotainment is doing exactly the same as it did before I took it to them. On starting up it works for about 1 min then shuts down, restarts, takes a while, then about 3 miles later it usually shuts down again, and on restarting it sometimes loses radio reception, so no radio, it sometimes stays on and sometimes it just keeps shutting down and restarting
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

Windscreens usually tend not to crack all the way through, it's normally just one of the laminate layers, so would be very surprised if water had leaked through the crack. Had loads of problems with my D3 and windscreen companies not fitting glass correctly, or fitting finishing trims correctly, so I'd be looking there...

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

well JLR don't seem to be able to fit the screens properly in the D5 at the factory....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

mine just had a new screen under warranty due to a water leak up the top on passenger side. It took them a week to fit the new one following the LR process. Could be dealer wind up but they said it had to be done in specific temperature controlled conditions and they used lamps on it too. seemed a little ott but the new one isn't leaking!

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

this week dealer "resealed" mine due to leaking at the top right. Had to wait close on 4 weeks for them to get a screen in (I have solar coating and HUD) then they didn't actually fit a new screen just resealed the old one. We will see if that leaks......

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum