Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• captaindarling13
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

dropping door

Hi all,

It's took me six weeks of ownership to notice that the drivers door of my 19MY slightly drops when you open it, and then hits the striker and lifts back into place on closing. It's not much but now that I know it does it, it niggles me! 35 years since I last had a car that did this!

Does anyone know if there is any adjustment anywhere? Doesn't look very obvious if there is!

Thanks, David.
  • MURPHY108
    United Kingdom 

Hi

My passenger door was doing the same and catching the rubber trim on the rear door as it was closing. Fixed whilst in for the last service where they also realigned the rear tailgate and replaced the plastic trim where it was marked by the tailgate.

I’d spent ages searching how to fix but there didn’t seem to be any way to adjust and I didn’t want to make matter worse !

All good now
  • captaindarling13
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

I can live with it until service time, as you say no obvious way of adjusting it and I definitely don't want to make it worse.

Funnily enough my tailgate catches at the bottom corners, on the hatch itself it has worn through the top layer of plastic at the ends to reveal the white inner material!

Cheer, David.
  • Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Don’t leave alignment issues too long, I know someone who had to pay because apparently LR only warranty alignment issues for 12months. Anyone else come across this?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum