Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Tow Assist or Advanced Tow Assist?

There appears to be a £385 option of Advanced Tow Assist on the latest Discovery.
    I have had basic Tow Assist on my D4 which uses the surround cameras, a 3 dotted "target" & projection lines to indicate the track to take on reversing a trailer (when it sees the target!) and as far as I can see the ATA version just takes this one step further by then allowing the car to "steer itself" at low speeds!?
    Does anyone know if the "basic" Tow Assist is there as standard (ie to show the tracks but just not self steering) as this appears an expensive option for anyone used to reversing trailers?
    Also, anyone had actual experience of using this feature? Thanks!
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Ecosse, I believe std tow assist comes with the 360 cameras, as you say ATA is another additional option, its fitted on my 20my car as it was already built, having tried it out I would say if your used to reversing a trailer I wouldn't bother. I've taken the ugly 3 black circles off the front of my caravan and will continue to reverse using mirrors.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum