Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Service charges

Just wondered how much you are being charged for a service these days in the UK?

My local Indy LR guy reckons he is £200 cheaper than the local dealership. If that’s true it makes a dealership service (inc vat) over £600. Is he right?
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Cheapest way to do it 'officially' is via a service plan. They are calculated based on specific vehicle and milage. Whack your vehicle details in here (half way down the page) to find out how much it will cost you:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/serv...plans.html

I bought a 2x service plan for my old RRS back in 2017 when I faced the same predicament. I was quoted £693.31 for my RRS's second service, but the dealer offered me an alternative in the form of a 'service pack' at £780 which consisted of 2x services and the MOT. I was told that the service after the £693.31 service would cost me circa £450, so it was a no brainer for me to buy the pack.

My understanding is these new packs are now controlled via the above link and are non-negotiable.

HTH:)

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Re: Service charges

Wolfpack wrote:
    Just wondered how much you are being charged for a service these days in the UK?

My local Indy LR guy reckons he is £200 cheaper than the local dealership. If that’s true it makes a dealership service (inc vat) over £600. Is he right?

My first main dealer service was £520 in 2020

Next one is LR independent £65 per hour👍

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Windy Miller wrote:
    Cheapest way to do it 'officially' is via a service plan. They are calculated based on specific vehicle and milage. Whack your vehicle details in here (half way down the page) to find out how much it will cost you:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/serv...plans.html

I bought a 2x service plan for my old RRS back in 2017 when I faced the same predicament. I was quoted £693.31 for my RRS's second service, but the dealer offered me an alternative in the form of a 'service pack' at £780 which consisted of 2x services and the MOT. I was told that the service after the £693.31 service would cost me circa £450, so it was a no brainer for me to buy the pack.

My understanding is these new packs are now controlled via the above link and are non-negotiable.

HTH:)

I just added the details of my 2017 HSE in there, its offered me 3 years servicing (year 4, 5 and 6) for £1823. So roughly £610 per service. However having then checked the "standard price" of the next three services they are £523, £426 and £523. Interesting the service plan is £250 more than buying the three services individually and I have found the dealer will usually do a deal on the price as well when booking a service.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Only looks like a good deal if you want to keep the car for a very long time.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I think the service costs vary from dealer to dealer. I have negotiated with my local who isn't the most expensive to start with. I could get cheaper with an indy but by the time I've travelled and taken into account time, it makes more sense to use the dealer. There is always the 'bonus' that should there be any warranty issues, then there should not be any problems.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

I was also quoted more for a service plan than the cost of the individual services. I turned down that amazing opportunity.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I definitely wouldnt go for a service plan, they are a complete rip off. Do a search on second service costs. Here my quote from that post. I would however phone round for a few quotes to get the best deal.

“I paid £276.18 including everything and VAT for the first 2 year service from a main LR dealership on Friday. (2020)

I got a bit of discount, Stratstones, Newcastle have 25% off for essential workers, but was surprised it was so cheap to be honest after seeing the prices some here have been charged and what others are paying for a service plan.

I don’t need another until it’s 4 years old now.”

Here’s my LR service plan quote! It’s extortionate. Evil or Very Mad

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Apologies OP, I didn't realise the service plan costs had changed! That certainly wasn't the case when I got mine for my RRS, it appears to now be the complete opposite.

Ignore my post! Embarassed

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Going back to 2017/18, I think the service plan if you took it when it was new were ridiculously cheap (a few hundred £ for 5 years of services).

Think JLR suddenly realised the dealer were not getting any cash from that, hence the change in more recent times.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Was £750 approximately in 2018 for a 5 year service.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

wicked bargain...hence stopped lol

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes worth its weight in gold back then.

Well they probably have to claw back profits, due to loss of revenue during this Covid mess, along with whatever Brexit brings.

Mind you, i read last week that LR are doing well in the China now with regard to sales.

I dont know who to believe nowadays tbh. I just take it all with a pinch of salt.

For all we know LR could well be struggling, and just sugarcoating stuff to make it seem they are doing really well, when in reality there is a worldwide recession going on.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yep, I have to agree, we are fed propaganda and lies by all firms, organisations and the government from the top to the bottom and our press are not presenting facts anymore, they are biased and opinionated with their own agenda and to think we are told to laugh and ridicule third world dictatorships when we are little better.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I totally agree Darras. I am sure big companies are giving the papers bankhanders, and told what to print.
    Its funny how some of the so called 3rd world countries have managed to keep it under control, with far fewer deaths, compared to the UK which is supossed to be a developed country, with all the medical advances and advantages and money we have in the UK.
    End of of the day it all boils down to money. Boris should have locked down earlier, and now we are all suffering Censored
    (Sorry i dont want to turn this into a political issue, as i loathe politics).

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum