Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Discodiva
    Scotland 

InControl v Apple Car Play??

Hi, just collected my (new to me), used 2017 HSE Lux. Wondering what the pros and cons of InControl vs. Apple Car Play are please? Many thanks
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

I never use the In-Control stuff - feels way too complicated... I just use CarPlay.

I find it's excellent and if you use Siri it works really well (I only use it in the car). Siri's really good at doing a load of extra stuff ("how long will it take to get to work", "tell [Mrs C] I'm running later", "play the latest Coldplay album" etc). I couldn't be bothered to learn all the In-Control voice commands - siri is much more intuitive. I also listen to BBC sounds a lot (I can scroll back to the beginning of a programme - like Sky Plus) and a lot of podcasts, and it's all integrated really well.

I also bought an aftermarket wireless CarPlay adapter which is great (I just leave my phone in my jacket or bag). Google "Car2Play"

Only negatives :

It's very bright, and the In-Control stuff is better at night. I've just configured the favourite button to dim the lights and turn off the screen as we live in a rural area so it's easier to see!

It's a shame CarPlay can't put Apple Maps on the screen in front of the steering wheel - you just get the standard map (or whatever you selected in your layout).

John

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum