Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

adds58 wrote:
    Quote:

Click image to enlarge

Smile

Anyone know why secure tracker pro is £180 for one year but £710 for 3 years?

[/img]

Because 'Secure Tracker Pro' is additional (not instead of) to the normal 'Secure Tracker' subscription (which is free of charge in year 1), in years 2 and 3 you're paying for the ST subscription costs as well as the STP costs.

So for £710 you get 2x years ST and 3x years STP.

Smile

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • adds58
    United Kingdom 

Ah! I had not appreciated that!

So ST Pro is £180 per year and by my calculations that makes ST £85 per year. Or is there a saving in buying 3 years up front?

Interestingly I ran a insurance quote and was getting lowest at ~£580 without tracker (admiral) and ~£300 with tracker (AXA).
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Strange but true.

Out of curiosity I ran my Disco through for an insurance quote.

10k miles per year, both with AND without tracker were identical. £271 with LV, £302 with AA.

I shifted the miles down from 10k to 8k and it came back with £268 LV and £287 with AA.

Just shows you no two circumstances are the same and there would be no advantage with me getting a tracker and little advantage shifting 2k miles off the usage.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

adds58 wrote:
    Ah! I had not appreciated that!

So ST Pro is £180 per year and by my calculations that makes ST £85 per year. Or is there a saving in buying 3 years up front?

Interestingly I ran a insurance quote and was getting lowest at ~£580 without tracker (admiral) and ~£300 with tracker (AXA).

I'm going to be honest with you, and say that I've heard two versions of what the 3yr cost is made up of. The above is what my dealer discussed with me, but could not 100% confirm (because there was no pricing available for a normal 1yr cost. The second is this...

The car comes FOC with 1 year subscription to secure tracker which is normally circa £250, and the 1yr £180 for the Pro is the just extra hardware cost. So in effect the 3 year price for secure tracker Pro is 2 year subscription plus the hardware cost, but that maths doesn't add up to me.

I took the punt that £180 was nothing for the sake of getting the best tracker, and also future proofing myself for possible subscription availability i.e. if you don't order the pro, you won't have the hardware in the key and therefore won't ever be able to have 'Pro' system regardless.

Question

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

I also checked the insurance you quoted - AXA.

The price with and without tracker was identical at £465, go figure.

The other one you mentioned was Admiral.

Price without tracker £497, price with tracker £482 - £15 deduction for the tracker. Wink
  • adds58
    United Kingdom 

Windy Miller wrote:

The car comes FOC with 1 year subscription to secure tracker which is normally circa £250, and the 1yr £180 for the Pro is the just extra hardware cost. So in effect the 3 year price for secure tracker Pro is 2 year subscription plus the hardware cost, but that maths doesn't add up to me.

I took the punt that £180 was nothing for the sake of getting the best tracker, and also future proofing myself for possible subscription availability i.e. if you don't order the pro, you won't have the hardware in the key and therefore won't ever be able to have 'Pro' system regardless.

Question

Ok so based on either of these two options, the annual price of ST+STP is £265pa with the 3 year deal. I'm always up for paying in advance if there is a saving to be had. Surprised the dealers don't know the future prices.
  • adds58
    United Kingdom 

Darras wrote:
    I also checked the insurance you quoted - AXA.

The price with and without tracker was identical at £465, go figure.

The other one you mentioned was Admiral.

Price without tracker £497, price with tracker £482 - £15 deduction for the tracker. Wink

My quotes were based on a few weeks ago. I just redid them and oddly the cheap AXA quote is now £640 a year and no quote if there is no tracker (same as before).

Admiral is still £500 without tracker and £488 with (and is the cheapest quote in both instances).
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Insurance is a black art. Laughing
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

Also depends where you live I paid £315 without a tracker with Sheilas wheels.
    I have fitted a Monimoto tracker (no wiring) for £120.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yep, I got a D4 down to £85 one year, think it was 2013, fully comp, protected NCD and £100 excess. It didn’t get repeated. Tend to think it was a glitch.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Probably too early to ask given new Disco's are only just starting to arrive, but does anybody know if the Stoplock Pro or Stoplock Pro Elite is best for the new Disco steering wheel? The locks are the same, it's just the design of the bar bend and clamp size that's different.

I've had a nosey around Defender forums, but nothing so far...

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

If anyone is wondering if they should get the Pro or Pro Elite, I can now safely advise the Elite isn't suitable! Laughing

I went out and bought an elite, but after getting it back this evening, itt's very loose and baggy on the wheel. The clamp around the wheel spoke is loose and leaves huge gaps, plus it waggles around the place badly due to the deep bend. I'm going to return it tomorrow.

I'm used to using a Disklok on my cars, which is nice and tight fitting. But my current small sized Disklok doesn't fit the D5 and nowhere has Medium sized Diskloks in stock (they're all on a national backorder due to COVID).

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Very Happy

• Labbix

I’m quite surprised about this:
    https://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20210329_95273763
    In one week four brand new LR were stolen in Flanders just with a simple device to pick up the key’s signal. I thought LR had sorted this out ?
  • Labbix

Brand new Velar, stolen from driveway with use of a scanner.
  • Labbix

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum