Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Minor damage

Muse of the day. Got to laugh, SWMBO came in from work yesterday and told me she’d just reversed into my Disco in the driveway. It’s not like you can miss it and the driveway is big enough plus she has a camera and sensors on her car. Rolling with laughter

Anyway, the bumper and tailgate is bent on her car, the Disco has minimal damage, a couple of cracks in the paint and a slight depression in the plastics where they came into contact. I’ve told the insurance, they’ll sort it. It’s only metal, so what tbh, I don’t get excited over such things.

But I can’t even look her way now without being accused of rubbing it in. Granted when she got into another of our cars today, I asked her if she knew where reverse was and leapt out of the way as she took off! Not sure it was appreciated. Laughing

It will be interesting to see if they repair or replace the bumper.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Is that not a job for chips away rather than insurance and body shop hassle? Hard to tell from the pic, maybe it’s more extensive than i am seeing.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

Last edited by Darras on 17th Apr 2021 6:39 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Oh and approx. cost.

LR - £600
    Wife’s car - £2,600

Last edited by Darras on 17th Apr 2021 6:40 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Buy her a Disco too, then the total would have been £2,000 less ?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Bow down

Last edited by Darras on 17th Apr 2021 6:39 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

I wouldn’t buy her a disco, I would take her car keys off her and rip up her driving licence. It would be on the bus for her from now on Thumbs Up

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Oh well, car was repaired pretty quick. It was only with them a day. They managed to overspray a little bit on one of the front vents, so they will replace that. Not sure if it pops out of they have to have the bumper off?

It was tempting just to abandon the car at the repairers and tell them to let me have it back when it’s done. I haven’t used it since I drove it back home, just over a fortnight ago. Can’t be arsed, I prefer the Corsa to the Disco truth be told. Who needs CarPlay or the other pointless or useless features. We managed to live without them years back and still enjoy life. Started looking at vintage Lotus cars, I must be going back to basics. Rolling with laughter

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

From Land Rover to vintage Lotus. A pattern emerging? Loving that will it/won’t it feel to every journey? Wink

Glad it’s fixed with minimal fuss.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thanks and yes, you’re right. Nostalgia at its best, the unpredictability makes life interesting. Nothing so boring as uneventful. Rolling with laughter
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

IndusD4 wrote:
    Buy her a Disco too, then the total would have been £2,000 less ?

You make a miscalculation here. If she'd run a D5 into a D5 it would be massive damage ;

not GBP 600 , not GBP 2600, but 2x GBP 5000 !!!

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yep, could have been. Mind you an insurance claim is just that irrespective of the cost. I had her insurance renewal after the accident. Fully protected no claims, anyway It went up £16,
  • eelpout
    United States 

Re: Minor damage

Darras wrote:
    ...the Disco has minimal damage, a couple of cracks in the paint and a slight depression in the plastics where they came into contact. I’ve told the insurance, they’ll sort it. It’s only metal, so what tbh, I don’t get excited over such things.

It will be interesting to see if they repair or replace the bumper.

isn't that plastic, not metal?

I found two parallel scratches on the front of my D5 today, was a bit shocked that this large area is painted plastic and not metal. No idea whether these came from. Maybe something kicked up on the highway or some idiot in a parking lot dragged something across it.

Anyone tried to use a scratch remover on the exterior painted plastic pieces of their Disco with any success?
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yep, plastic.

Never tried to remove the marks. The insurance was going to be involved in repairing her car, so it might as well repair mine, was my attitude.

Also it’s difficult to tell if it was a paint blemish or something more when another car has reversed into you.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum