Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Pivi-Pro/InControl/Data

Evening all. Picked up the Disco on Friday. Great bit of kit but as expected got a few issues with setting up InControl with my profile.

I have setup the app and linked my vehicle successfully. I can lock/unlock, view vehicle status etc. I've even linked my Ringo and Spotify accounts....

However, every time I try to login to my account I get "Error Unknown Error" or nothing at all.

Also noticed that the data signal is really weak - barely get more than a bar when my phone has 4-5.
    software just says "up to date" but does't give a version number.

Anyone had any similar teething troubles?
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Did you have an account before, with Jaguar or Land Rover ?

I have an F-Type, and an F-Pace for almost a year. Perpetual troubles

with logging into accounts, no updates the works.

I erased my F-Pace account, started a Land Rover account with same

email and psw : " account already exists " . So behind the first page,

its one bag of beans !

If you did not have any previous HERE account, let it be for a day or five :

its a bit slow in picking up changes. HERE is Microsoft : need I say more.. Laughing

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Thanks. No, no previous accounts. Guess I'll stick with CarPlay for now then! Might be a little trip back to the dealers next week....
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Re: Pivi-Pro/InControl/Data

Farmerben wrote:
    Evening all. Picked up the Disco on Friday. Great bit of kit but as expected got a few issues with setting up InControl with my profile.

I have setup the app and linked my vehicle successfully. I can lock/unlock, view vehicle status etc. I've even linked my Ringo and Spotify accounts....

However, every time I try to login to my account I get "Error Unknown Error" or nothing at all.

Also noticed that the data signal is really weak - barely get more than a bar when my phone has 4-5.
    software just says "up to date" but does't give a version number.

Anyone had any similar teething troubles?

I recently couldn’t update the car software as it said I wasn’t logged in. Like you I was still able to lock/unlock etc using the incontrol app. So it does seem to be an independent function to accessing the account on the car itself.
    I tried several unsuccessful times using different passwords until the system locked me out. I had to wait 48hours (as I recall) for it to allow me to have another go.
    Clear in my mind I WAS using the right password I went to the car and ...it logged in straight away, update the software and all my maps etc were up to date. It was like something suddenly unblocked.

So give it a couple of days to get its head cleared and try again. I have to say in my experience, using the home WIFi which gives me 1/2 bars in the garage is still better and more successful than 4bars on my mobile for some reason.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Funny you should say that.... Tried it again first thing this morning and worked first time!

Trying to add another user however....
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum