Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ThatMartinChap
    United Kingdom 

Is my D5 a secret brexit supporter?

I have been trying out the adaptive cruise control and lane-assist toys and trying to decide if I like it. Quite impressed but I think it needs some mental adjustments from my side. (nothing new)

Anyhow, at one point after a long stretch on the M5 and approaching Bristol/M4 interchange the system threw a wobbly, sounded a load alarm, and was flashing up a large "TAKE CONTROL" message on the dash.

ACC turned off, lane assist remained on. Wife asking "WTF was that" and I was clueless.

Assuming that the car has not gone "full Boris" on me, I assume the car either thought that I was not paying attention or the ACC just flipped-out and decided to hand back to me.

This happened quite quickly, but I am pretty sure that nothing on the road should have caused it a problem, however, the road was getting quite busy so maybe it got confused.

I don't think I was doing anything dangerous, was fully attentive, had hands on wheel, etc.

Any idea what could have triggered it ?

D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • Whippetman
    England 

Maybe the scenario of the choice of 6 to 8 lanes was just too much !!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Probably a software bug. My AEB still beeps at times too, IMO for no reason at all but clearly it thinks I am about to hit something then decides a split second later that I'm not.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Ian2206
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Similar thing happened to me....I reset everything and all was fine....When I took the car for her 24M service I mentioned the problem and the dealer investigated...a fault code had been stored relating to one of the IPMA cameras installed adjacent to the rear view mirror. the upshot was that a new camera was required at just north of £500.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum