Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

rear Electric Seat stuck

The second row seat behind the drivers seat is stuck in the lowered position.

Frustratingly as it's the first time I've used it since buying in April and the first time I've actually needed to use it for a full 7 person load.

I've checked the fuse and allowed it to sit locked for a while so it can "reset" itself but still no joy.

Has anyone out there got any ideas before I ring LR assist?

Eiger Grey D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Have a look on the incontrol screen and see if the seat shows greyed out or normal. Mine had a spell of flickering between the two, which I put down to an intermittent electrical connection. Driving back from Cornwall today, the wife couldn’t get recline to work - so I need to investigate again.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

Thanks. It's working now after leaving overnight...... not sure what the cause was, possibly software update......?

I received an email that you'd posted as I was driving into Cornwall !!

Eiger Grey D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Ha, that’s funny. Actually realised how many D5s there are on the road during my trips there and back. Plus a great reminder of what an awesome long journey car it is.

Of course, at the service stop outbound, the entire 360 camera system was on strike, reversing camera included. And on the service stop coming home the keyless locking was having none of it. But all part of the charm!

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Whippetman
    England 

Glad you think the D5s electrical problems are part of its charm!
    I personally don’t think a £70k car should have these problems 👹👹👹

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

May have been tongue in cheek. Immensely frustrating that it suffers these stupid issues. I mean; keyless lock - how is it possible for that to be hit and miss. Our 2013 Toyota has never failed to lock or unlock in 8 years, yet a 2020 LR finds it taxing.

• Whippetman
    England 

Annoying that the faults take so long to get fixed by main dealers who expect you to tolerate a four week period until they can fit you in.
    Then it’s often another trip back as they haven’t either got the part or the return is to sort out the initial problem.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum