Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Disable Gesture Tailgate Opening

My tailgate causes more problems than it solves with the gesture opening/closing. I'm not sure if it is overly sensitive, faulty or just how it should be but it feels it is always doing something I don't want it to, specifically closing when the kids are standing by the car and I'm loading the boot!

The dealer has previously looked at it and couldn't find a fault so I now think I may as well just disable it. Is there an easy way to disable this such as a fuse to pull or is it a case of disconnecting the sensor wiring on each side?

Many thanks
  • TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

I found a previous thread and can confirm that removing fuse F49 does disable the tailgate gesture opening and leaves all other functionality intact. Thumbs Up
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Mine disables itself when mud gets packed up under the rear bumper and blocks the sensor. Laughing

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • ThatMartinChap
    United Kingdom 

I am totally with you on this - if you just walk closely past the back of the car then it opens/closes. It's way too sensitive.

The "random" opening is bad enough, but randomly closing while your loading stuff is a right-pain and a bit dangerous.

I think I'll be pulling F49. Thanks for the tip Thumbs Up

D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • SGB
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

gesture tailgate

Hi folks , i had the dealer disable my gesture tailgate when it was in for it`s last service , they stated they could not do it through the cars software so pulled the fuse , I too found it over sensitive on occasions and wouldn`t work when you wanted it to now no more issues hopefully . Very Happy
  • Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

I'm having the problem of random closing of the boot, even if I just shuffle my feet when loading things into the boot

Could someone please tell me where fuse 45 is located so I can also pull it.

thanks

Laurence

2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green, 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey, 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green
    2017 D5 HSE LUX 3.0 SDV6 Grey
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Ours opens and closes when using the powerwasher, but its a bit temperamental when kicking it.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum