Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Park Assist

MY22 HSE D300 has arrived at last, and gradually working out how to use it.

The manual refers to Park Assist (where the car takes control of the parking) but I can't make it work - the icon simply doesn't appear when it should.

Now I look for it, the feature isn't mentioned in any brochures or in the options list. As though it doesn't exist at all!

And yet it is referrred to in the manual - so surely it must be either standard or an option??

I can't believe it isn't available at all - this is something which is available on much cheaper and less well equipped cars
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Dunno, I tried it out when I got the car, couldn’t get the hang of it and now wouldn’t be able to activate it if I wanted. Quite prefer the old method tbh.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

Check it is enabled via the menu from the steering wheel. Although, it seems to deactivate after an ignition cycle for me. As a result I don’t use it or miss it, used a couple of times for fun
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Is yours a MY22 though?

Read the first posts in my link above and it is explained there.having the hands on the steering wheel whilst driving.

Does the LR system require you to be holding the wheel?

2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • eelpout
    United States 

Re: Park Assist

drwhopilot wrote:
    MY22 HSE D300 has arrived at last, and gradually working out how to use it.

The manual refers to Park Assist (where the car takes control of the parking) but I can't make it work - the icon simply doesn't appear when it should.

Now I look for it, the feature isn't mentioned in any brochures or in the options list. As though it doesn't exist at all!

Check the online manual, this is for the 2021 but should be the same. Make sure "Automatic Parking Aid" under "Low speed maneuvering" is activated.

yeah, it seemed to be easier in my old 2017. Smile
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

If it is as useful as the Park Assist on the MY2019, the only reason for finding out how to switch it on is so that you can switch it off and ignore it. Rolling with laughter

It works, but my parking without it takes half the time in half the space!

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

It is no longer there because of the ruling in my earlier post.

On Mercedes they are disabling it when they go into the dealer for work! Big Cry

• eelpout
    United States 

Since in I'm in the US I'll have to see if it's enabled here next time I'm in a parking lot. If it's like the previous InControl system, an icon should pop up when a parking opportunity is detected (and that's what is says in the paper manual too that came with my 2022).
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

All I have been able to discover (with help from forum members!) is that the feature may have been disabled due to new EU regulations.

This feature is described in the manual and has been availablein a wide range of cars in the UK for several years, so why it is suddenly causing the EU a problem is a mystery.

Since the UK is no longer in the EU I wonder whether LandRover can re-enable it?
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Update:

The dealer says that Park Assist is definitely not on the build sheet for the car. So looking very much like it is not offered either as standard or as an option which supports the EU theory
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

In fairness the manual normally carries a warning telling you it’s not available on all models and markets.

That said, unless this is your first LR, no one actually believes anything LR or their dealers say in print or otherwise. It’s a case of if their lips move ….

On one of my former LRs, I’ve actually had the light on the dash to say something was operational when it was never fitted, but I can’t remember what that was tbh. You’ve got to laugh.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Perhaps that's why they made the surround cameras standard on the MY21.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • gavsta

As a lurker on this forum for many months, oddly enough, this topic has encouraged me to register and post.

Like many, my wife distrusts park assist, and would never use it. However, after 6 years of cars so equipped. I'm a big fan. I admit it!

It's entirely possible my own skill at parking may have deteriorated as a result, but if I were to be parallel parking at night, in the rain, on a busy road, I'm more concerned with a curbed wheel, so will happily embrace the technological safety blanket.

Both the RRS & FFRR are showing as having park assist in their specs. So if the issue with the feature is regulatory, why can the RR along with many, many other marques still steer themselves into a parking space, yet a fully loaded £80k D5 cannot?
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    Both the RRS & FFRR are showing as having park assist in their specs. So if the issue with the feature is regulatory, why can the RR along with many, many other marques still steer themselves into a parking space, yet a fully loaded £80k D5 cannot?

Have you seen a recent model FFRR that can do this? I haven't.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum