Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

HSE R-Dynamic D300 ordered 29th August - Order Cancelled

Just ordered a HSE R-Dynamic D300 , while this has been ordered I have not finalised the specs and would appreciate some input. The spec is daily standard with a premium metallic, black roof rails and detachable tow bar.

Options I am considering

Privacy glass- without it are the windows clear or tinted? I am sure in my last discovery it did not have privacy glass but was still a dark tint to the windows.

Cabin Preconditioning - is this with the fuel burning heater or does the engine start? Again I had this on my old disco and used the remote to flip on the headlights which activated the fuel burning heater. I am interested to know if this £1k option is not chosen can I access the Fuel burning heater through the incontrol app or is this completely different.

Finally full round leather, What’s the thoughts on the faux leather on dash and doors?

Thanks for your help and I’ll update when I have a build date.

Andy

Last edited by Soler on 8th Dec 2021 3:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I have a pre-facelift HSE-L. Last week I sat in a new HSE in a dealer. Let's just say I would be speccing the all-around leather, I thought the standard material was a big step back on both the dash and doortops, for me it would be a deal breaker.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, I was thinking the same,
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

You might want to check out my 500mile report on my HSE D300

In there I comment on the harsh ride - maybe consider 20" or 21" rims although I can't easily comment on how much difference that would make
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I have ordered 21 inch rims as a compromise. Not sure how much difference it will make.

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

21’s it is. Probably going to not both with the cabin preconditioning if I can start the engine with the in control. I’m not a fan of de icing in the winter.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

drwhopilot wrote:
    You might want to check out my 500mile report on my HSE D300

In there I comment on the harsh ride - maybe consider 20" or 21" rims although I can't easily comment on how much difference that would make

Where can I find your 500 miles report, I cannot seam to find it in your posts.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

It’s in the My Discovery 5 section, titled 2 week review.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

Found it thanks
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

People’s view of their D5s will all be different as you’d expect. Some people will love a HUD, cooled seats even surround cameras etc. others like me basically don’t use that sort of thing, so ignore it.

Other things like size of wheels is also personal. Some like a bigger wheel and don’t notice any difference in ride, some do. Some like cabin preconditioning, some like you (and I) don’t.

Rather than seeking opinions, be aware only you can spec a car that will suit you.
  • Keith
    United Kingdom 
    2021 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

Hi
    When i got my D5 in June, i was lucky to get a stock R-Dynamic SE that had just arrived, i would have liked the cabin preconditioning, but as you can start the car remotely, and thus warm it up, is the £1k option needed?
    the only other option i would of liked is the HUD, has this on my previous car, M5 Comp, and loved it, and felts after than looking down and taking eyes off the road.
    Just my thoughts

Keith

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21, 21" Wheels, Sant Black, and a reasonable selection of toys.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

I decided against the remote start for the same reasons you mentioned.

The HUD was a nice option and was on the test car I drove, this has been removed I think due to the chip shortage.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

I’ve ordered the pre-heater but then ordered lots of other options, some I might rarely if ever use but will of course try to make use of them Smile

My understanding is you can remote start the engine from the app to heat and cool the car. You don’t need the £1k option to do this. The option adds in the fuel burning heater (Don’t think you get one at all if you don’t order this). That’s then the remote fob to turn that on and heat the cabin plus oil before you start the car. You can also run this from inside the car when parked up for 30 minutes I think (Not longer to protect the battery I believe as your not charging it).

Not having this kind of luxury I’m looking forwards to trying it out, will let you know if it was pointless as the app is just as good. My hope is it’s a bit more quiet / unnoticeable vs the full engine running so can turn this on without getting much attention if it’s parked in a public car park for instance.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 

On my disco 3 there was a hack / add on that a forum member because LR never got it to work on the timer. Used the special button on the key fob so you could flic the lights on for 4 seconds starting the FBH. It worked well but did not heat the cabin as it did not start the fan.

Still no build date for my vehicle yet and worryingly a dealer contacted me saying they can no longer order a disco at the moment due to delays.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Have to be honest I'm unsure on this one myself. I know it's heating up the oil but not sure how much it does heat the cabin or not. You can turn it on when parked up to try and heat the cabin also from Pivi Pro though I think so my assumption is it must push some heat around the cabin also.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum