Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Whippetman
    England 

Apparently I could sell this brand new for a profit Bow down Bow down Bow down

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Update

harrythespider wrote:
    Get it up in the air. (four wheels off the floor) go through the gears and the speeds at which it occurs, if no sound/vibration I would suspect tyre(s) Swap spare with one corner and if neccessary continue with others refitting the swapped one as you progress.

It’s now 9months since I first heard this noise. It’s 6 months since the dealer finally booked me in to look at the issue. During this time the vehicle has extended stays at their garage while they pursued the problem with LR. Frustratingly sitting idle for a whole week on more than one occasions (thanks to iremote monitoring app)

From the outset I have maintained it sounded like differential noise, especially as it pulsed at about 1/3 the speed of the road wheels. In fairness they had discussed my calculations and comments with LR and only recently the head technician (who I was finally allowed to take for a masked drive in the car, to reconfirm he was hearing what I was hearing) said he had ‘always thought’ it was transmission noise but the super duper listening equipment didn’t reveal the sound in the diffs.

Well they have now discovered that the super charger tensioner was only acting as a tuning fork and having run the car up in the air with it disconnected, the noise is evident albeit much quieter coming from inside …the transfer box.

Waiting for the assessor to approve the warranty replacement of the box.

God, I hope it IS the problem and the noise disappears. After the expense of that change they are not going to be very happy to continue looking elsewhere. Whistle
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum