Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

DieselRanger wrote:
    Those of you with the TDV6 engine who have had this problem - how do you use the vehicle? Lots of motorway cruising? Lots of around town? Hard off-roading? Random?

when you got the code - had there been anything noticeable in the several drives prior - lack of pickup, terrible fuel economy? Noises?

I'm at 52k and she's purring like a kitten. So far my 2017 HSE Td6 has been one of the most reliable vehicles I've had...knock wood.

Hi there,

No, our TDV6 covers lots of different types of driving, town, motorway, etc. No degradation of driving characteristics. In fact, ours got so bad that the car faulted with full DPF - Contact Dealer message. However, it was a misnomer because upon checking, the DPF was saturated at 6%

Swapped out the throttle control valve, regen the DPF and so far all good. Indy has said they've seen a lot of these recently and the part is now on exchange basis, basically being refurb'd to keep up with replacement demand.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

@Miegru is yours a TdV6?

The Castrol oil Land Rover specifies for this engine is claimed 5W30, but its virgin viscosity is well below this number.

My local dealer is putting additives in the oil to boost TBN and viscosity..
  • Ray Lewis
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Limp home mode experience

After an extended period of the motor fault warning lamp coming and going, it finally went into limp home mode. My LR dealer replaced the throttle body, saying the flap valve had stuck and did a regen of the DPF. That after 66k km and not a particularly cheap experience. All part of the joy.....
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum