Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gavsta

Nope. Going by the spec sheet only, as haven’t driven the latest FFRR.
  • gavsta

Having done a little more reading about Park Assist on the Pivi Pro, I found it is a £250 option on the new F-Pace. It's also available on the Velar as part of the £880 Park Assist Pack, which also includes 3D Surround Camera.

From lr-retrofits:

PIVI Pro's Park Assist feature is completely different to that of it's predecessor (InControl Touch Pro). The new system is now fully automated controlling steering, gears, throttle, brakes and parking brake.
  • eelpout
    United States 

this article at CarBuzz talks about the new Full Fat RR systems, including Park Assist. But who knows if this will actually be activated.

My '22 D5 has Park Assist listed in the manifest too, but it's been turned off for some regulatory reason I was told (I'm in the U.S.).
  • gavsta

Interesting that it's on the manifest, as it suggests it's a software 'disable' rather than hardware not being fitted. That would explain the £250 price tag for the F-Pace.

Apparently steering assist has gone the same way. Silently dropped from the spec sheet & the builds.

Park Assist on a new Velar, State-side. Forward to 12:45:

• eelpout
    United States 

well, I may have to eat my words. Embarassed

I ordered my '22 really early and there was an overlap time when the '21 had Park Assist (InControl) so there might have been an assumption on mine and the dealer's part. Though I could have sworn it was there in the early build tools for the '22's. But it looks like mine might not have it fitted after all. Harrumph. :/

I went online for the '23's D5's and it doesn't appear to be there either. Odd omission when likely the Pivi Pro hardware is not much different than big RR's and Velars. I do have the Assisted Towing Pack so maybe that is the factored in (I don't have Configurable Terrain Response for this reason either).

Lately, some things get dropped because of parts availability too I'm told by a local inventory manager.
  • gavsta

Park assist disappeared off the iPace options list for MY21 only to reappear for MY22.

For a so-called British brand, perhaps it’s appropriate that the ordering process is littered with potholes, as are our roads Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum