Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Looking at your wish list of boot and second floor legroom, I think XC90, Q7, GLS, X7 and Highlander are probably the only realistic options.

I’d be in a Highlander now, if we hadn’t taken the decision that the next car should be fully electric. For £50k-ish it’s a hell of a lot of car. And apart from materials it didn’t feel a step down from the Disco, in fact on urban journeys it was a step up in refinement.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Whippetman
    England 

And the Toyota is a hell of a lot more reliable!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Had a look at a Highlander online last night - have to say that was a car that had launched without me having any awareness of it - but I really don't like the styling... Couldn't even consider wanting to own that, sadly!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Haha yes it’s a bit American school mom (unsurprisingly as that’s where they’ve been aiming it for a couple of decades).

I did once say, though, that I’d never ever own a Disco 5 with that rear end. Inexplicably I love the look of the thing now.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Tanglewood
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Audi Q7 50TDI MHEV Very Happy
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Wouldn’t worry, in the present crisis, LR won’t be able to make any vehicles for years and the price of fuel will be out of everyone’s reach.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum