Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Fitting rear dashcam

Guys. I have had a search, and can see a few if you have fitted rear dash cams. I have just updated my Blackvue as original developed a fault and new one comes with rear camera.. I am happy to pick my way along the car with the rear cable but how did you get on trying to get the cable through the flexi tubing to the tailgate as the headline doesn’t want to move at all (very still and firm)

Cheers
    Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • BBDisco5
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I fitted my Blackvue to the bottom of the rear screen - (from memory I removed the trim around the glass) and treaded the cable through the flexible tube (first put a string through the tube to help carefully pull the cable while expanding the rubber with long nose pilers.

Then took the cable around the edge of the roof lining, pulling down the rubber door frame seals to hide the cable above the head lining. Finished by hiding it behind the front edge of the roof lining to the top centre of the front screen bringing out through the side of the mirror casing. Thumbs Up
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

To be clear, it’s more how did you get the cable into the flexitube with the roof lining fitted, as I can’t seem to get mine to flex down enough to get to the hole where the flexitube fits

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • BBDisco5
    United Kingdom 

I pulled the flexible tube out of both the body and tailgate. Then squashed it to be as straight as possible to be able to push a "fish wire" through.
  • BBDisco5
    United Kingdom 

Also seem to recall using a long thin "fish" to take the cable from the hole in the body to above seat belt bolt for 2nd row seats.
  • BBDisco5
    United Kingdom 

I pulled the flexible tube out of both the body and tailgate. Then squashed it to be as straight as possible to be able to push "fish wire" through.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I did it with my rear BlackVue. It’s actually a very easy to run it round to the back via the edge of the roof lining on the drivers side. Then I took it round to the big rubber grommet. Removing that from the bodywork too a bit of effort. Then fed it thro’ the plastic at the top of the rear window and into the camera.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

Done it, same route but down the passenger side, a bit of a pain with the rubber flexitube at tailgate end as it was taped tightly onto some foam. A but if cutting/trimming then ok.

Cheers
    Al

• BBDisco5
    United Kingdom 

Oh yes, forgot about the foam Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum