Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Champ1

Just over a year from my original order and 7 months since my cancelled build date I finally have some news! Build set for June with delivery due in July. It’s a D250 S.

It’s been a long time coming but hopefully it will be worth the wait
  • Craigp
    England 

That's great news for you. So it seems the D250 is back on the table. Thumbs Up
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

Just had a call from my dealer to tell me that my D300 Metropolitan is due to be built early July with an anticipated delivery date of the end of July.
    I wonder if the current economic climate is resulting in order cancellations or are people changing to other vehicles as I was not expecting to see my car until September?
  • gavsta

Congratulations, you must be delighted.

LR are giving the slots to dealers to allocate rather than doing this centrally, so each dealer may have a different priority.

Was it a call out of the blue, or had you been given a build slot already?

Unfortunately, I've reordered for the third time (MY22 -> My23 -> My23.5). Did you squeeze into MY23?
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

The call from the dealer was out of the blue. Since I placed the order I have been receiving regular updates that all said the same, no build date as yet. I thought it would be the same message today so I had to replay the clip twice to make sure it was true! Roll on late July!!
  • gavsta

What a lovely surprise.

Did you squeeze into MY23 or stump up the extra £2k for MY23.5?

Just out of interest, is that a local dealer, or did you shop around via a broker?
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

Sorry, I don’t know if MY 2023 or 2023.5. The price hasn’t increased so maybe 2023. This was from Harwoods at Edenbridge, Kent, my local dealer
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Had call from dealer today to say the build date has been cancelled & order put back in holding pool due to the meridian stereo chip issues… And that JLR are in a worse state now than previously for new build orders….
  • lipscow

New RRS

Evening, I order a new RRS in May last year and have been informed that it will be on site next week, bit of a shock really.

I currently have a May 2022 Discovery HSE in Carpathian Grey, deployable tow bar, privacy glass, reduced section spare wheel, heated washer jets, heated steering wheel and pano opening roof, front fog lights all these are extras over and above the HSE normal spec.

That car has done 3500 from new and as you would expect in showroom condition they have offered a trad-in for the Discovery against the sport £70000, do you think this is a good deal or should I go private.

Anybody have thoughts on this or recent experience in the current climate

Bill
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Depends on how much you initially paid for the Disco?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Laughing
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Got call today to say car in uk do i still want it! 6 months ago was last communication from garage to say no idea when it will go into production….

Now I don’t know what to do as i purchased a ex demo a couple of months ago as thought sale was dead!

Do i take new one and hope i get most of money back on demo purchase?

Or take new car and sell on hopefully for a profit?

BUT… They still can’t tell how much more it will cost from original price!! Maybe that will make decision….🤷‍♂️
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Also said all extra’s were on it, After reading other comments better to view before agreeing anything…
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I'm sure they would love you to cancel, looked on Autotrader, there was a HSE dynamic with less than 100 miles on it, £9k over a new one at same spec.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Why are you asking us, ask your wife! Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum