Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jakub90
    Czech Republic 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Android auto can't open

Hi, since last week I can't start AA on my D5 2018. I connect my phone and the icon with AA appears on the screen. Unfortunately nothing happens when I click it. On RRS 2018 with the same system version S21B_21.37.2-778242 it jumps up immediately. I've tried 5 phones and not one. I put the infotainment to factory settings twice and it didn't help. I tried disconnecting the car battery for 12 hours and it didn't help. I was at the dealer last week and they don't know what to do. He offered to reinstall the car's software, but no warranty, plus he said that quite often the units die on reinstallation. A new unit is going to cost a thousand dollars. Can someone please advise?
  • MarkAlex
    United Kingdom 

I have a 2018 D5 and have recently started using AA more often. I use a Samsung S20 and have it set to boot up AA when it links with the car by the cable. This happens automatically most of the time, but not always. Sometimes it will auto start after 30 seconds or so and sometimes I get an AA icon in the task bar at the bottom of the media screen, same as you describe I think, which when pressed activates it. Sometimes none of this happens and I have to scroll through the media screens and start it using the AA icon built into the software.
    I would add that that the media software is not the original that came with the car as I got it updated in 2019 when I was having problems with phone connections. So an update of your software might fix it.
    If your infotainment system works in all other ways I would hope you don't need a new one.
  • jakub90
    Czech Republic 

Thanks for the quick reply. I take it you have a different radio than the original? Or do you have the original and a different version of the software? I was assured last week that there was no new version. I'm wondering if the phone module in the center section is bad.
  • mwsedgwick

Have you tried a different cable?
  • jakub90
    Czech Republic 

Yes, I tried more than 6 cables. AA worked fine for me until a week ago. Carplay works fine, but I want to stick with AA.
  • MarkAlex
    United Kingdom 

I seem to have the same software as you, as far as I can see from the picture. It is likely that it is the latest software for the hardware you have. The infotainment system in D5s has now moved on to new hardware and software, so I wouldn't expect any more upgrades.
    Not much help, sorry, I feel your frustration.
  • jakub90
    Czech Republic 

Resolved! Service has reloaded the software. Now everything works. Unfortunately, out of warranty at a cost of $250...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum