Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

It is most likely that the commercial option may have already sailed away I was told 6 months ago the order books were shut on the D5 commercial , Have you considered the Defender option as many more Tax efficient configurations available there ! or indeed a Grenadier Wink Which certainly will have a Hydrogen option around the corner as the parent company make the stuff.
  • T16ole88

If the discovery commercial ship has sailed

I’ll most likely get a few more year out of it, as opposed to rushing to change into a new one.

I do like the defenders, quite a lot in fact and would happily have one.

But, and it’s a big but. I personally feel the discovery is a better vehicle and in terms of pricing should really sit above the defender. Spec for spec it’s nearly £8k more for a defender.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Darras wrote:
    Yep, you’re right. Would I spend £60 to £70k plus on a new diesel or petrol Disco? No way, it’s a fools errand.

Ask me about spending that on an electric vehicle and the answer would be different.

If there’s one thing this present crisis has taught me, it’s get rid of the fossil fuel vehicles. They will become white elephants sitting on the driveway. The cost is only going one way. Anything else is just throwing money down the drain.

Problem you currently have is that there is not the infrastructure or supply to allow everyone who has a fossil fuel car to change over to electric. if they did over night the national grid would collapse. Most new housing estates don't even have the cabling to allow three or four people to have electric cars within household (mum dad and two kids) with the new fast chargers and it will only get worse with the charger capacity increasing.
    On top of that you look how much electricity we import from Europe and over night if we fell out with them we would be in darkness let alone not being able to charge your car.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Perhaps, but the Jaguar range is to all electric by 2025 and LR ones by 2030.
  • T16ole88

Update, I’ve hear back, they are taking new orders for discovery commercials.

Even entertaining a discount if we order two.

One very annoying thing, you can’t have the digital dash and the hud, it’s one or the other. My current has both. It’s to do with the chip shortage.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

So you can have the digital dash on it’s own through?

Who are you purchasing from?
  • V8Fettler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Carpathian Grey

When you build one online now, its a no cost option to have the Digitial Display instead of Dials, and the brochure shows both together upto MY2022. If they're not letting you have them both, that must be policy with shortages.
  • RAW
    England 

I placed an order in December for a HSE R Dynamic commercial and got told today it has delivery date of October, ive also been able to add the interactive dash into the order and was also offered HUD if i wanted it so would think the chip shortage is improving. Also told i can have the multi height heavy duty towbar but it needs to be ordered by the dealers via VIN number as it has to have a VIN specific wiring harness.
  • mack1979
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Well, apparently a D6 is coming. Not seen the mag but had this advert for the article. Ours was 75k and JLR want to go more upmarket but still no decent PHEV or BEV option and ours doesn't start reliably so even I'm looking elsewhere for the next car.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/63972/n...to-express

New D5 HSE 3l SD6 MY20. Black and all the black options!
    Old: (sold) D4 MY11 3.0l SDV6 (black obviously)
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I can’t see it myself.

Introducing a newly designed dedicated ICE model ….just for the towers. Wink
  • eelpout
    United States 

mack1979 wrote:
    Well, apparently a D6 is coming. Not seen the mag but had this advert for the article. Ours was 75k and JLR want to go more upmarket but still no decent PHEV or BEV option and ours doesn't start reliably so even I'm looking elsewhere for the next car.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/63972/n...to-express

if they put the new longer range PHEV in this, that might be good for me. I thought the new 440HP PHEV range was closer to 70 miles, now I'm seeing 48. Maybe that's WLTP vs. EPA?
  • mack1979
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Auto express how have a full article on their website following an exclusive interview with Bolloré. Their exclusive images are made up and JLR have made no decisions about D6 yet but it is 2-3 years away. Defender has eaten it's lunch and RR 7 seater at the other end so they are still trying to find the right space for it but they think still a market in between but suggested it will be more upmarket for the 'discerning' family. It will be the last range to get BEV and PHEV closer to 2030.

New D5 HSE 3l SD6 MY20. Black and all the black options!
    Old: (sold) D4 MY11 3.0l SDV6 (black obviously)
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I drove a 110 Defender for a couple of days and loved it. Big but…. I would never have entertained it as a Discovery replacement. Far too small inside and far less luxurious.

There’s a huge market for a comfortable and capable family car.

If it was me in charge, I’d probably make the Disco 6 a little longer to better challenge the X7, GLS and X7.

And market it, LR themselves have played into the hands of the ‘defender eats Disco’s lunch’ story, when they could easily have differentiated the stories.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    I drove a 110 Defender for a couple of days and loved it. Big but…. I would never have entertained it as a Discovery replacement. Far too small inside and far less luxurious.

yet the Defender costs more. Go figure. (I know it's more popular Wink).

the funny thing is I see way more newer Discos around here than Defenders. guess it could just be availability.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum