Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• conts355
    United Kingdom 

It makes feel slightly better knowing it’s just not me getting the call. What is it you ordered? I am currently coming up to 15 months from placing order. Getting a build date in Aug this year to now not even in a holding pool.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Makes me glad I went into the pool back in March... They said 9-12 months at the time, but I didn't really want the car before 12 months anyway... It was more a case of getting an option in the bank, so when I did want to replace, I wasn't sat waiting a further year and a bit. Crazy world.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Craigp
    England 

My order R dynamic SE. Originally ordered with the D250 engine but changed to the D300 when they suspended production on them.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Anyone heard anything since all orders cancelled?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on 2nd hand market? Is 2nd hand prices going to stay crazy for yrs to come? As thinking just buy 2nd hand for time been as cant see new vehicle coming in the next 9-12… months 🤷‍♂️
  • Craigp
    England 

Yes looked at that myself but the 2nd hand prices for a nearly new are more than what I've got quoted for a brand new car. That's IF they honour the original order price and that's a big if at the moment.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Yeh looking at a 1.5yr old going to cost £10k more than the new one I ordered but this is a HSE compared to SE am waiting on. But that’s the thing ate they going to honour original price & when ! Which might make 2nd hand prices not that far out & there is no more waiting…
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

Strangely my build date moved forward two weeks to the 4th of Nov. (This was after a previous 6 week push out). I am hoping this won’t get pushed back out again.
  • gavsta

conts355 wrote:
    Anyone heard anything since all orders cancelled?

I certainly don't want to tempt fate, and it may be just a matter of time, but despite my build date being pushed back twice, the latest date still stands. It has not been cancelled and returned to the pool.

My dealer advised that despite a brief closure, the plant is open and manufacturing cars. Sadly, he added, build dates are taken with a large pinch of salt, and are subject to change right up until the vehicle goes into build.

This makes me wonder. Is there a particular option that is causing further issues? Yes, we've heard about the Meridian Surround, but all HSE and Metropolitan cars have these (mine is the latter). My car is heavily optioned. It is because of this, i.e. more margin for JLR, or does my build exclude a problematic option, or I suspect, is it pot-luck?
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

I collected my Metropolitan on August 24th. It is a great car! I am waiting for the automatic rear door opening device to be fitted and only have one key at the moment. Dealer says they will program the key and fit the rear door device at the same time - when they get it.
    Even waiting for these I made the right choice of vehicle.
    Loved my D4 and very sad when the engine gave problems, and annoyed there was no oil dip stick, so moved to an Audi after not liking the new Defender. So happy to be back with a Discovery.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

I would say there only producing high margin vehicles & like wise with dealers they will be pushing more for those vehicles on there waiting list also.Regardless of what they say.
  • rkonstantinov
    Bulgaria 

mole wrote:
    I collected my Metropolitan on August 24th. It is a great car! I am waiting for the automatic rear door opening device to be fitted and only have one key at the moment. Dealer says they will program the key and fit the rear door device at the same time - when they get it.

Hi, I'm curious about what you mean by "automatic rear door opening device". Could you please elaborate a bit more? Thanks.
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

I expect this is the gesture tailgate
  • rkonstantinov
    Bulgaria 

Indeed, I suspect the same. The reason I asked is that my metropolitan also seems to be missing the gesture tailgate, or at least I’m not able to make it work. So, wondering if this is common and if there is some “official” information.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Decided to purchase a ex demo 2021 HSE commercial, Good spec - Black pack,HUD ,digital dash,22” alloys,Side steps etc.

Not sure if best move or not but cant wait forever for a vehicle.

Not sure what do with my new build slot? Maybe worth keeping as it might make an appearance in 3yrs time when i look to change…… Laughing
  • Craigp
    England 

Confirmation that they are prioritising higher value cars.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midl...ore-target
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum