Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Unattended battery life?

My D5 has just been serviced and I reported that the "kick opener" for the tailgate was temperamental. They tested it, said it worked a couple of times and then failed with "battery low" warning. I had just covered 20 miles and a couple of days earlier, the car covered a 40 mile trip. The service team wanted to charge it overnight to "see how it goes"!!! Typical, in other words, get it out of our shop and rebook if you feel the need.

However, I think the issue is deeper than this in that I have noticed a low battery warning when trying to access the car remotely after it has stood for only a few days (probably 4-5+). This makes the remote useless if, for instance, you have to leave it in a car park when you go on holiday). Is this "low battery" warning commonplace or do I need to get shirty with the dealer?

Cheers

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I've had a constant battle with the Low Battery warning when either:

a. I have not used the car for a while; or
    b. I am using the car on an event, and am sitting in it for a few hours or in and out of it without locking it

Last week I changed the battery as every time I got in the car I was getting a Low Battery warning (for the last 6 months or so) and the same day I was running a time control, sitting in the car for a couple of hours and still got a Low Battery warning, even with the brand new battery!

Is this normal, or is there a fault? Surely Land Rover's are made to do outdoor activities like this?

On the plus side, I have never had a problem starting it, although I do have my trusted jump pack in the car, just in case.

Andrew
  • Whippetman
    England 

Quote. “Is this normal, or is there a fault? Surely Land Rover's are made to do outdoor activities like this? “

Welcome to the LR electrical gremlin !
    Best of luck Thumbs Up

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

It would be good to know if it's the same gremlin for everyone or not...

Andrew
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Indus Silver

This would suggest it is a common issue……

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread3215.html

I get the warning most of the time, probably because I don’t use the car that often.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Having a new battery fitted as I type. The engineers said getting ( only ) 3-4 years on Discovery battery’s was par for the course. Mind you they were fitting a replacement compressor on the pneumatic suspension…..which also has a similar life expectancy. What is it about the built in obsolescence in LandRover engineered products?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum