↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• V8Fettler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Where did all the MY22 posts go?

Anyone know where they have all gone?
  • Craigp
    England 

Are you sure there ever was some? Didn't think there was a model my22 it sort of went from my21 to my23. If you select your name and profile, you can then select all your posts. Hope that's some help.
  • V8Fettler
    United Kingdom 

Last year when I was waiting on my car, there was a load. Discussing the delays etc.

I’m just interested to see how many people weren’t told about the interactive display being removed. I’m about to submit a complaint to the financial ombudsman, if anyone else wasn’t told, I’d be interested to hear their experience, and if they were told before order also I’d like to hear from them.

I wasn’t told, I found out when I collected it. Not best pleased.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I'd be livid if I was you, and I'd probably reject the car as it's the feature I love the most on my MY2018. If they tell me it's not coming on my MY23, when they finally tell me the order is progressing, I'll cut my losses and move on.

The only thing they could offer is to switch it out when the parts become available - and with a guarantee to do that within 12 months of delivery - else I'd not want the car. Some other OEMs have delivered things with bits missing, and offered to fit as soon as the chips become available.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

There was an article in Autocar recently that stated that 75% of their revenues are from the Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Defender.

The other 25% is spread across the Velar, Discovery, Discovery Sport and Evoke.

It is no wonder with that focus that the Discovery is suffering for components.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • V8Fettler
    United Kingdom 

747_JK wrote:
    I'd be livid if I was you, and I'd probably reject the car as it's the feature I love the most on my MY2018. If they tell me it's not coming on my MY23, when they finally tell me the order is progressing, I'll cut my losses and move on.

The only thing they could offer is to switch it out when the parts become available - and with a guarantee to do that within 12 months of delivery - else I'd not want the car. Some other OEMs have delivered things with bits missing, and offered to fit as soon as the chips become available.

Well, I complained immediately, but the rep failed to pass this on to management for weeks, and by then I’d done 2,000 miles, and had the back all fitted out (Commercial R-Design). The sales dude said they could sort it, but now months down the line, now the complaints been properly addressed, turns out Land Rover won’t do it, or warranty it if I have it done by a third party. Hence why I’m complaining to the ombudsman. The finance company are hiding behind the order form which I signed 3 days before collection, by email, as part of a package of finance documents, and before I’d physically seen the car.

The car has this, the gesture tailgate missing, and I’ve been charged for headlight washers at £200..

I’ve found. Number of places that will do the swap but Land Rover are saying they’ll void the warranty, and also won’t take the car back into network as part ex if it has modifications. Don’t fancy having to find a buyer for what is a very expensive van…

So, Ombudsman we go….

Just so you know what Lane Rover Finance are like, they said it was my responsibility to check ‘if there was certain elements of the specification that are important to you, you should have checked to make sure they were on the build’ This is despite them changing the build yr to MY23, and not telling me anything had changed, And no mention either on the order form.

I asked ‘if the at had come with no wheels on, would this still be your position? I should’ve rechecked the spec to see if wheels were included??” They said ‘Yes’… 😂😂

I’ll do a full write up when I’ve got a conclusion, but if anyone else has had this happen get in touch, because if I set an example with my case, it should be easier to do with yours if Ive proven the unfairness of it all.

Second takeaway point….. Don’t sign the order form until you’ve collected and inspected the car thoroughly…
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

That's a really interesting bit of background, and I feel for you, because I'm certain I'd have done exactly the same as you in terms of signing things off when asked.

Good luck with your case, and please keep us updated. It's a shame a brand we all used to like/enjoy so much, feels they can treat customers with such disdain and get away with it. Shocking by LR.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I am still waiting for my second key. I didn't get the digital dash on mine but they did tell me when mine was changed to MY23. Land Rover are treating their loyal customers very badly in my opinion.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • RAW
    England 

My MY23.5 is arriving at the dealers tomorrow and is showing it has the interactive dash so will take a look as soon as it has landed.
    The only thing changed is no surround sound which they told me about.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    I am still waiting for my second key. I didn't get the digital dash on mine but they did tell me when mine was changed to MY23. Land Rover are treating their loyal customers very badly in my opinion.

You didn’t buy from Trotters Land Rover of Peckham? Shocked

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I think I would rather buy from the Trotters, than a Land Rover dealer.

At least get your money back without any hassle. Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum