Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RAW
    England 

Update.

MY23.5 HSE Commercial ordered with 21” black wheels, Active rear diff, Black roof rails, Cabin pre-heater with remote, wireless charging and phone booster, heated steering wheel , twin speed transfer box. Interactive Dash.

Finally got to check it over today and everything is as ordered, 2 keys and spare wheel all present only thing i could not check was the cabin pre heater but the technician assured it was there.

Originally wanted to order in 2021 but at the time they wouldnt take orders due to chip shortages so eventually got it into the holding pool Feb 22 so nearly 12 months from order being taken y to delivery.
    Arrived at dealer last week and being registered 1st March so happy days.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Semi-encouraging news... thanks for sharing. I went into the holding pool in March, so wonder if my car is going to 1-2 months behind you...

I would imagine it's very much down to the local dealer being assigned build slots, and them deciding the order in which those slots are executed versus the money they are set to make on the deal. Who knows...

But really pleased you're getting your car, and in the precise spec you wanted.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • RAW
    England 

Yes surround sound was the only thing that had been down specked to standard system, my dealer could look at his order list whenever i popped in and could tell me as soon as it had a build date and and when into build. I must admit the build slot kept getting put back from October to November to December and then January but then January 17th it showed built and on route to UK.

Hope you get good news for yours,
  • gavsta

747_JK wrote:
    I would imagine it's very much down to the local dealer being assigned build slots, and them deciding the order in which those slots are executed versus the money they are set to make on the deal. Who knows...

I don't know how built slots were allocated historically, but for my order period, JLR were issuing build slots to dealers, for the dealers themselves to allocate to customers. That stopped in spring 2022. My dealer had been allocating the slots based on order date, which was encouraging, as my order had been steadily moving up the queue, until April 2022, when I was first in-line for a Discovery build.

However, JLR reverted to centrally allocating slots, seemingly focussed on higher margin models. With the new RR being released, my fully optioned Metropolitan took until November to arrive.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Had a chat with my dealer today, I'm 50 weeks to the day on from ordering a Metropolitan, so was after an update. They couldn't find my order at all to begin with, then came back to confirm it was there, just still in the pool... No update/no news. I enquired (again) about swapping to a RR Sport Hybrid, and because of my wait they found me a car they could offer me with delivery within 2 months, but the spec & price put me off.

No spec change possible, and silly 23" wheels and a Light Cloud/Ebony interior (I would only have pure Ebony) so that was a non started... That, and a list price of nearly £100k... for what was only a P440e Dynamic SE model. The dealer tried though, so I'll give them that. Sad

The plug-in RR Sport I'd spec myself is £89k, and even that is WAY more than I really feel comfortable paying for a car, so it's back to holding in the queue for me.

But... I have a 24hr test drive in the new X5 hybrid due within the next month; my dealer's just waiting for it's new demonstrator to arrive, and I'm one of the first booked in it. The new dash in that looks super cool.

At the same time, my Dad's looking to replace his four year-old Discovery Sport, and ideally wanted a Discovery Sport hybrid model. Delivery was quoted as circa 9 months, but given my experience with lead times, he's off to test drive an X3 hybrid instead.

Land Rover is such a disappointment and it makes me so irritated!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • RAW
    England 

finally collected mine today and my dealer said there seems to vehicles coming through better now and builds seem to be moving again.hope you get some positive news soon.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Well that is good news to hear, thank you. And do post some pics soon!

• RAW
    England 

I was going to earlier but didnt think it was appropriate as i feel luckier than most to have actually got it.
    So far very happy and got the Fixed multi height towbar that i wanted as well.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Wow, utterly awesome! And never need to hide it, it's nice to see some positive news! And it's not as if you haven't been waiting like the rest of us.........!

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

RAW wrote:

I was going to earlier but didn't think it was appropriate as i feel luckier than most to have actually got it.
    So far very happy and got the Fixed multi height towbar that i wanted as well.

Looks great. Could you please post a picture of the towbar because when I wanted to order one my dealer said the latest D5 couldn't have it

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • RAW
    England 

Its the landrover one , I know they needed the VIN to order the loom for it and then had to order the bottom panel with the opening and get it sprayed at there body shop as they come primed only now.

I will get some pictures in daylight tomorrow if you want more
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for sharing that. I would like to show that to a dealer if I order another D5. Would you know what it cost?

• RAW
    England 

Better photo for you.

Dealer fitted was £1500.
    If you want I’ll ask them what part numbers they used when next passing.

I tow a lot and very close to max weight so wanted the original fixed one as then no arguments if something did ever go wrong
  • RAW
    England 

Better photo for you.

Dealer fitted was £1500.
    If you want I’ll ask them what part numbers they used when next passing.

I tow a lot and very close to max weight so wanted the original fixed one as then no arguments if something did ever go wrong
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Thanks again I am popping in to my local Dealer tomorrow to look at their demo D5 Metropolitan.
    I don't tow that much but I do have 4 different trailers which all need a different height for the towbar. Having said that I do like the deployable tow bar as it is great to be able to stow it away but I always have that nagging doubt that one day it won't deploy.🙁

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum