Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• WmDisco
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 SE Silicon Silver

Deployable has always worked for me.
    Used to occasionally bash my leg on the fixed one on previous Disco (including when walking past rear on car whilst on a ferry).
  • RAW
    England 

Ive had demo D5s with the deployable hitch 4 or 5 times and they never were in working order and awaiting parts so as i tow most days thought better of it
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Just had a nice phonecall from the dealer to say that my MY23.5 Metro will be ready in July, all options included. (Ordered September 2022)
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

So you must have a build date then? Sounds like good news as long as it doesn't slip.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Craigp
    England 

I also had good news the other week. Rang up to see if it had been built. I was informed it was built and in the country. It was expected to be at the dealers last Thursday. (wasn't due until end of month). We'll obviously it didn't turn up that day so still waiting on a call to say its arrived. Just to recap for you ordered in September 2021as a D250 R dynamic SE. Changed order to a D300 when told that engine not being made. Dealer has honoured original price apart from engine change uplift give or take and included full size spare. About £8.5k off list if spare taken into consideration. Just got to get it now.
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 

Very similar - my D250 ordered July 21. Had to re-order D300 and pay for that upgrade but other pricing honoured. Due to be built 3rd March but was built 28th Feb. Arrived in dealership today. Too soon to say if its got everything on it.
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi WmDisco

Just ask your dealer to send you the build notice so you can go through it.
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 

Only a few days to pick it up - so I'm going to wait to see.
    Key list:
    - Low ratio;
    - Full size spare;
    - Deployable tow bar;
    - Electronically adjustable steering column
    - Activity key set-up
  • Craigp
    England 

I had my Activity key order cancelled early days. So would be interested to hear if your order was fulfilled.
    I'm looking at picking mine up Friday. Just arrived at the dealers today.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Are your dealers keeping with your original quoted price?
  • Craigp
    England 

Sort of see my post above. Original order was the D250 engine.
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 

Activity key

Craigp wrote:
    I had my Activity key order cancelled early days. So would be interested to hear if your order was fulfilled.
    I'm looking at picking mine up Friday. Just arrived at the dealers today.

I too had my Activity Key order cancelled early days. Check the internet - PowerfulUK have some in stock. They are advertised for Defenders but I contacted Landrover and they asked for my VIN number and emailed to say that these Activity Keys will work with my car - so I ordered one from PowerfulUK. Its currently at the dealership for them to add it to my Car.
  • gavsta

Sorry, not sure how to quote another thread. I wouldn’t be too worried about a missing activity key:

gavsta wrote:
    The local dealer added an Activity Key on top of the two standard keys, which were supplied with my MY23.5 Metropolitan. No additional parts were required, and it was a quick job.

The £330 Activity Key factory option was removed for MY23.5, hence it was a job for the dealer. I was charged £230 for the Activity Key itself, with no additional charges, so I was rather happy.

Two warnings:
    1) Your car must be in service mode, via the InControl app.
    2) The dealer will require both keys (which differs from some third party systems).

• Craigp
    England 

Thanks for the above info. I will look into it. Although not sure how much activity I've got left in me these days. I do quite a lot diving still and body boarding in summer so would be handy in the summer when the wife refuses to car mind whilst I go out. But at 67 things are getting more difficult. Having said that Cornwall booked again this summer Very Happy
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 

My view of the Activity Key is I wont have to carry a key in my pocket. I don't like to carry things - so maybe I will call mine an "In-Activity Key".
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum