Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• B50int
    United Kingdom 

Not directly from most peoples experience. However, full dealer service history and a warranty seems to improve your chances of goodwill I would say.

I guess by doing the job as goodwill, it doesn’t appear on warranty claim records and stats.

I was unlucky with my TDV6 (same engine but only single turbo and lower power) but I did get 100% goodwill when the crank went. My warranty was actually from warranty direct so not LR but I did have full LR service history.

Many have no problems at all of course!

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

PSC747 wrote:
    Hi new to the JLR experience. Beginning to feel like I've entered a time portal and gone back to the 70s! I didn't realise engines blew up anymore. From what I've been reading it would seem the LR extended warranty is a no-brainer. Mine is the SD 3.0 and it's coming up to 3 years old and 28k. Do you think the warranty would cover a new engine and hire car if needed?

No.....and yes!

The warranty is provided by Care Care Plan Ltd, not by JLR themselves. The small print excludes "known problems". Whilst JLR won't publicly admit that snapped cranks is a known problem, Car Care Plan Ltd will reject the claim on that basis. However, there is an agreement with JLR that once the warranty has rejected the claim as a known problem, JLR will pick up the bill. This is done as a "goodwill" gesture and you seem to get more goodwill if your car has been continuously under warranty and serviced at a main dealer.

Independent garages seem find it difficult to get the full cost covered for their clients. Main dealers seem to be more successful. I have experience of the process with cracked inlet manifolds on my D4. Rejected by the warranty then covered in full by JLR.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

PSC747 wrote:
    Hi new to the JLR experience. Beginning to feel like I've entered a time portal and gone back to the 70s! I didn't realise engines blew up anymore. From what I've been reading it would seem the LR extended warranty is a no-brainer. Mine is the SD 3.0 and it's coming up to 3 years old and 28k. Do you think the warranty would cover a new engine and hire car if needed?

Not for a crank it won’t.

Still worth the warranty for anything else.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

For what its worth the warranty does not cover hire cars for anything over 48hrs ,something else they dont point out to SDV owners as It may take several weeks to get your vehicle back . Im waiting for the first SD6 failure as its the same ingenium family design as the SD4 that gives so many issues. As somebody joked recently do away with the spare wheel and carry a spare engine.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

The LR warranty will cover a car hire after the first 24 hours, but not for more than 7 days in the event of a valid claim.

What you might find is your local dealership or LR themselves on a good day with the wind blowing in the right direction might goodwill cover the car hire. In my case they did but only as the LR warranty was picking up the tab for the new engine.

They then blotted their copy book as a windscreen leak due to insufficient sealant round the front windscreen became evident when they had it in and LR wouldn’t cough up to have it resealed at a cost of £150 because they had covered the car hire. I mean how tight is that?

I did argue with the executive office that they would have covered the windscreen in the normal course of events, after all it was a manufacturing fault, but got absolutely no where, so I just paid.

Yet another reason NOT to buy another LR. An absolutely appalling customer service from the very top of LR. All for £150 which probably wouldn’t buy the CEO his Custard Creams to go with his tea for a week, it’s unbelievable, it’s utterly contemptible.

There’s a few on here that are still in denial and coo over their orders or their cars, even debating facile matters like loosing the LR brand name. You’ll unfortunately learn the hard way in time, it will happen to you as sure as night follows day.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Darras, I think you meant Jammie Dodgers more like Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum