Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

I really don't think they are phasing out the Discovery.

Biggest hint of that is what they've just done with their House of Cards, sorry, Brands strategy.

Discovery is now one of the four main JLR brands, so Defender, Discovery, Range Rover and Jaguar.

Go to the main Land Rover homepage and you are no longer presented with Land Rover page, but an entry page into one of the three Land Rover brands instead.

If they were thinking of dropping the Disco or Disco Sport then I doubt they'd be doing that.
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 SE Silicon Silver

Surprised at April 21 Order not yet met. Mine was June 21 - delivered March 23.

Electrically adjusted steering was taken off but when I saw it was still an option on web site I got Dealer to add it back - cost me but its on the car.

Also came with Full size spare.

The driver display on mine is the mix of part clocks and remainder digital. To be honest, having borrowed a Defender with full digital display I now prefer what I've got on the Discovery. Other than when a full map is displayed you cant get rid of Rev counter on digital display. Why do we need rev counter on an auto? So, the mixed system is just as good. The map displayed on the big screen in the centre of the car is excellent and enough map for me, so I don't use it on driver display. Having just spent 3 weeks in Spain I have to say new Pivi Pro navigation is excellent.

Would also recommend the Activity Key. Bought mine from Powerful.UK (they advertise it for Defender but Landrover confirmed it would work on my Discovery - they checked Disco spec one I had VIN number). Dealer then linked Activity Key to car. In general I only use the Activity Key - superb.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Quote:
    Would also recommend the Activity Key.

Is it still available? Had a play on the configurator and cant see it.
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Seems to have vanished... gone from the accessory site too.

However, the InControl remote app has just added an Apple Watch app that allows remote lock/unlock if your car supports it. That was always the problem with making it more watch like, with a lot of people using smart watches, you aren't going to wear two, and I suspect that the more active ones are more likely to wear them. I don't know if the new watch app allows you to lock the main key in the car though... would be cool if it did.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Ian_S wrote:
    747_JK wrote:
    Oh this is depressing reading... if it comes without a spare I will be really pi**ed off.
    What type of spare were you after? Full size was ok, as in it was at least orderable by the dealers. Space saver for some reason is off the menu.

Ahhhh, ok, I read this as no spare wheel at all. I want the full size 21" wheel..... Maybe it'll be ok then. Thanks...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 SE Silicon Silver

discus wrote:
    Quote:

Not on Configurator but you may still be able to get a genuine Landrover one - from Powerful UK. The cars apparently (as mine proved) can still accommodate them but worth checking with LandRover customer services (dealership didn't know). Hope that is helpful.

In relation to other comments - I don't use a smart watch and don't want to get phone out all the time to lock etc the car (I have disabled keyless for security reasons). Obviously it's each to their own otherwise world would be very boring.
  • eelpout
    United States 

discus wrote:
    Quote:

I still haven't received mine for my '22. Coming up on two years Smile
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Go out in a boat that can occasionally involve getting a lot wetter than planned, so the old style activity key has proved its worth to me a few times! It's also not too bulky to wear with sports watch.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Ian_S wrote:
    Seems to have vanished... gone from the accessory site too.

However, the InControl remote app has just added an Apple Watch app that allows remote lock/unlock if your car supports it. That was always the problem with making it more watch like, with a lot of people using smart watches, you aren't going to wear two, and I suspect that the more active ones are more likely to wear them. I don't know if the new watch app allows you to lock the main key in the car though... would be cool if it did.

Huh, would be nice if this was offered for OS Wear/Android too.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

24my Disco sport announced, all derivatives loose the naff analogue instrument pack, all digital, so hopefully 24my Disco won't get the analogue display also. However, following on from 24my FFRR & RRS, the physical heater controls are removed and now its all on touch screen, wonder if Disco will go same way when finally officially released, can't tell from my Vista sheet.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

MY24 Discovery Sport has just been announced with a mild cabin refresh that also loses the HVAC dials ... Sad
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    MY24 Discovery Sport has just been announced with a mild cabin refresh that also loses the HVAC dials ... Sad

they did it to the Velar so we shouldn't be surprised. Evoque is next I suppose.

My theory is they are doing this to entice minimalist Tesla-types next year (or the next) when they introduce the small BEV line.
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

The basic Evoque without the fancier 2nd screen shared the same one as the DS, so will be interesting to see what happens there given it's the same assembly line as the DS.

I don't know how much Evoque owners like the fancier 2nd screen.

Personally I prefer the dials but without a gloss black surround...

Also, the DS retains the Clearsight rear view mirror which was the glaring omission from the D5 facelift. It's also migrated to the same style of configurator now as it's bigger brother...
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Dealer left me a message today to say my car Will be built in August for September delivery if I still want it.
    I had said I would cancel because I wasn't impressed with the MY24 changes, although I did say to the dealer to hold onto my deposit for now. Decisions decisions? Trouble is it's not just the spec changes, the finance rate has jumped up quite a bit.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Super88sonic
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

What was your rate before and what is it now?

My car is being built in September for October delivery. Would have had it earlier but they got the colour wrong!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum