Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

The one I saw had USB's in the 2nd row centre console, and if you have the click and go base (which should be std. on a Metropolitan) then each of these has a USB in the seat backs. The 1st row one could be the single USB-C under the AC controls on the opposite side to the wireless charging mat. I seem to recall there may also be one in the compartment under the slide-away front cup holders so it might be that.

Having seen a 130 with no USB ports and a later one, exact same model, X-Dynamic, with USB, it does seem to be a lottery. Am hopeful though that the Metro being the top spec Disco, will have USB's in all rows.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Fab, thanks for confirming you've seen them in a Metro - thanks Ian.

New car day is exciting. 6 days and counting... all being well!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • haybob
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Picked up my SE R Dynamic Commercial today. Happy to report

it came exactly as ordered with Interactive display and no analogue dials. V happy so far. Pivi Pro definitely much better than the old version and wireless CarPlay and wireless charging very neat. Only disappointment I’d the loss of the overhead sunglasses storage ! Is that for all or just commercials ?
  • gavsta

Overhead sunglasses holder has gone from all LR cars. The good news is that it's an easy retrofit, if my Metropolitan is representative:

https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/land-r...black.html
  • haybob
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Loire Blue

That’s great! Thanks for the tip. Why have they deleted it ??

MY 23.5 SE R Dynamic. Commercial Hakuba Silver
    Previously MY HSE commercial Portofino Blue
  • gavsta

Your guess is as good as mine, but cost saving would be an obvious choice.

I struggled to comprehend why it was replaced with a piece of shiny black plastic, which matched no other plastics in the car. I was just as keen to remove that plastic as to get the sunglasses storage Smile
  • RAW
    England 

My 23.5MY year commercial collected 1st march didnt have the sunglass holder as was no longer available, spoke with the parts department and collected the parts to fit today . Attached a photo with part numbers as not expensive.

Part numbers

ELR086387 Bin Sunglasses
    ELR094245 Latch

Total cost inc VAT £30.11
  • sk1n
    United Kingdom 

They are coming through much quicker now, ordered Nov 01, expected at the dealer next week.
    Didn't really want it until later in the year! Shocked
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

What model and spec have you ordered?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Spoke to dealer yesterday and apparently the range has been re-defined again. Meaning there are less models in the range. Can’t remember what the end result was but they have only just had notification of this.
    Also asked about a Hybrid or full electric version and the thoughts from dealer was never for a D5 and if there is a D6 it will be a long way off as other models are in the line up first for electrification

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • sk1n
    United Kingdom 

I have a commercial HSE coming, to replace the same on a 19 plate.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Regarding range consolidation, wonder if they will do the same as runout on Disco 4, dropped all derivatives and replaced just with Graphite and Landmark, Disco 5 I guess won't get EU7 which will apply from mid 2025, so this could be Disco 5 swansong.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 SE Silicon Silver

Having had my new car at the end of March I received a Survey from Landrover a couple of weeks ago. One question they asked went along the lines of - If you couldn't get a Discovery 5, what car would you buy? Interesting!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum