Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dixie Dean
    United Kingdom 

A few questions re Air Suspension

What air suspension comes as standard on an R Dynamic HSE? Does it do both access and off road heights?
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

There is only one type of air suspension. It actually has 7 heights.
    From lowest to highest...

1. Access Height
    2. High speed driving height - lowers slightly from normal height when driving above 105mph (I think) to improve stability and reduce wind drag
    3. Normal height
    4. Off-road height 1 - 40mm above normal- automatically lowers to normal above 50mph
    5. Off-road height 2 - 75mm above normal - automatically lowers to off-road height 1 above 30mph
    6. Extended mode - automatically raises above off-road height when the vehicle detects that it has grounded on something.
    7. Super extended - can be manually selected once the vehicle is already in extended height.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Dixie Dean
    United Kingdom 

Thanks JonM. Just doesn't get a mention at all in the vehicle blurb. I presumed it did (I have a D3 with Low and High gearing and air suspension, and all the terrain control gizmos) but with this vehicle I'm only going to get High gearing (no 2 ratio transfer box) and wondered if anything else gets deleted as a result. Do High only vehicles get any type of Terrain Response?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum