Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RAW
    England 

Seat belt warning beep

Hi has anyone with a MY23.5 managed to silence the warning beep when the seat belt is not fastened, ive tried the 10 times plug in and out that has always worked before but its doesnt seem to be working on this one?
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I bought a seat belt extender off eBay. Just plug it in and no annoying beep.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

How about using your seatbelt!
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I have a long drive way. Very Happy

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • RAW
    England 

Spend a lot of time driving on sites and fields continually getting in and out so nice just to have a flashing warning rather than the bing bing bing.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Just buy a single belt buckle, or put the belt around the back of the seat and click it into the holder. No more pings. Simple Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • hughmartin
    Scotland 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

So I assume from the lack of positive responses, LR have not provided a procedure to inhibit the warning beeps. That's a shame.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey
  • hughmartin
    Scotland 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

If I was not wanting to wear a seat belt ever then that is a possible solution but not the answer to my need. Thanks anyway.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

It doesn’t have to be a permanent solution, only on those occasions you mention.
    And before anyone says it could be easily forgotten and you drive off without a belt, the same applies to switching off the audible warning. Both need the same presence of mind to switch from one mode to the other as required.

Alternatively plug the passenger seat belt into the drivers socket. That would be a more visual reminder.
  • gavsta

Re: Seat belt warning beep

RAW wrote:
    Hi has anyone with a MY23.5 managed to silence the warning beep when the seat belt is not fastened, ive tried the 10 times plug in and out that has always worked before but its doesnt seem to be working on this one?

That's why some farmers do not want to update their L322 Range Rovers. Safety regulations have quashed such simple & permanent bypasses!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum