Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MattC3156
    United Kingdom 

LR Extended Warranty

After some advice regarding warranties.

We are looking to swap out our D4 for a secondhand D5 - ideally would prefer a LR Warranty in case things go wrong. This obviously limits where we can buy from and invariably means paying a bit more too.

I think I've read somewhere that you can buy a LR warranty subject to their inspection of the car - has anyone done this and how painful was it to do? So in effect buy from a non-LR dealer and then get the LR warranty separately.
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Hi Matt

Whither you buy from LR garage or non LR I would definitely stick to LR warranty even if you have to pay extra for them to check car over first. I have learnt the hard way and bought a non LR warranty 2.0ltr engine failed new engine required my warranty won't cover it.
    Next is don't buy a 2ltr stick to 3ltr, they have there problems but nowhere near as bad as 2ltr. but check everything out before buying. Check that LR warranty covers crankshaft failures it's a known fault. Hope this helps.

Lucy2.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • MattC3156
    United Kingdom 

Thanks - the 3litre is def on the shopping list as I've read all sorts about the smaller engine. Plus we need the extra grunt to tow due to the large shed we drag around the UK and down to the south of France Smile

We have had the D4 for nearly 5 years and used an aftermarket warranty which covered the crank - sadly this isn't available anymore

Def want the LR warranty, but don't know if they are available to "buy" as a bolt on. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what the score is.

Sorry to hear your problems Sad I hope you get it sorted soon!
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Thanks Matt, While were waiting on our car's engine being replace we have a Volvo XC90 on hire paid for by LR so hopefully won't be too long. The Volvo is actually very nice and we maybe sell the Disco 5 for one.

Hope you get something sorted and get the car you want, do change the oil and filter every 6000mile and that will help to keep your engine sweet. Hope you get more opinions on here. Thumbs Up

Cheers
    Lucy2.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum