Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Aldo
    United Kingdom 

I’m not looking forward to my renewal based on plenty of comments I’ve read on here and in other sources.

D5 values have definitely taken a hit too, although not in line and as sharper decline as the forecourt prices.

I’ll be weighing my options up if the insurance is too high. Shame really as I’ll soon be coming to the end of the ‘luxury car tax’ too and these D5’s are great for hauling the family around.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

There seem to be very few companies wanting the business. I have previously recommended Direct Line after a very competitive auto renewal earlier this year, but doing a quote for a new metropolitan out of curiosity, they declined to quote. The meerkat had a few options, all quite a bit more than my current cost, although not at the crazy level I have seen some people post about.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Aldo wrote:
    I’m not looking forward to my renewal based on plenty of comments I’ve read on here and in other sources.

D5 values have definitely taken a hit too, although not in line and as sharper decline as the forecourt prices.

I’ll be weighing my options up if the insurance is too high. Shame really as I’ll soon be coming to the end of the ‘luxury car tax’ too and these D5’s are great for hauling the family around.

My 2 year old D5 has dropped around £14k on WeBuyAnyCar in a month. Insurance is over double.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Yes did a WBAC quote on my 16 month old D5 and like wise the value has dropped 14k in 2 months.
    Rather worried as I have a new Metropolitan on order. If the dealer follows these values then there will be a huge gap in price to change.
    Has anyone had a recent px price on their D5?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Also have a new car on order, not due until probably late Q1 but I was in positive equity but now heavily into negative. Will have to see what it looks like when that comes around but changing early isn't looking like such a good idea now.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Just taken delivery of new D300 Dynamic SE, trade in on my now 3yr old SDV6 Landmark was reduced by £5.5K from when ordered at beginning May.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

My renewal was 150% increase to £1580. Called and they came down by a whole £70 for existing customer reduction.

Needless to say I renewed with someone else and managed to get for just under £800 with the excess being £1000.

Values, I daren’t look, bit I understand they’ve taken a hit so you get shafted either way.

Just as well I love the car to bits!
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Trevorb1 wrote:
    Just taken delivery of new D300 Dynamic SE, trade in on my now 3yr old SDV6 Landmark was reduced by £5.5K from when ordered at beginning May.

That’s probably reasonable. I got a quote from WeBuyAnyCar on 15th October and now 13th November I just had a look again. It's £14k less than it was in October so the drop has happened very recently.

I'm guessing it's a combination of the theft issue and also lack of parts for repairs. The cars aren't as desirable to own anymore and it's hugely impacted the value.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Aldo wrote:
    My renewal was 150% increase to £1580. Called and they came down by a whole £70 for existing customer reduction.

Needless to say I renewed with someone else and managed to get for just under £800 with the excess being £1000.

Values, I daren’t look, bit I understand they’ve taken a hit so you get shafted either way.

Just as well I love the car to bits!

Who you using for insurance now? I was around £450 but now it’s around £1.1k on renewal.
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Do your quotes on an aggregator website like confused . com. In the end Tesco worked out best for me.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yeah I tried a different one of the aggregators, let me try Confused and also check out Tesco.
  • Spuffington
    United Kingdom 

I'm new to D5 ownership, but was tossing the Disco up against the usual suspects - XC90 & Q7. In terms of insurance, for me living out in the sticks (N Essex/S Cambs), the difference in insurance quotes between all three was "only" £200.

So although much more expensive than I wanted to pay, the D5 didn't really stick out too much amongst its peers. The Volvo was £1.1k, the Q7 £1.2k and I paid £1.3k with Tesco.

2021 Discovery D300 R-Dynamic HSE
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

I know insurance has gone up a ton for most cars so it’s not massively out compared to others but has gone up more than most. I’ve got Lotus Eletre R on order, £130k+ vs my now probably £42k odd Disco 5 with 905bhp is around £400 cheaper to insure than the Disco when I checked. It's definitely higher than it should be for what it is which is the thefts and lack of parts doing it.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum