Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Marsie
    United Kingdom 

Our 2017 first edition

This is our new (to us) Discovery 5 first edition. Got it last Wednesday. Very happy with it up to now especially the fuel economy. Recognise a few names off the d3/4 forum which I have been a member off since 2010. Have owned dozens of landrovers but this is our first d5. Got a rattle to sort on the drivers door but other than that we are loving it
    Paul

2017 3.0 First edition. Silicone silver with black pack
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looks really super. Love the colour/wheel combo. I hope you enjoy it!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Marsie
    United Kingdom 

Thankyou, it's a big step up from the d4

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

I used to call my D4 a D400 because every bill associated with it was £400+.

I now call my D5 a D500.

Enjoy your new car.
  • Marsie
    United Kingdom 

Fixed the door rattle today. Was only when shutting the door but sounded dreadful. Stripped the door card off and the plastic inner membrane. Found the rattle was the side impact bar had come "unstuck" from the outer skin and was resonating when slammed. Couple of small rubber wedges inserted to slightly open the gap and a squeeze of tigerseal along the length of the bar before removing the wedges. Now no more rattle when shutting the door Cool

• Marsie
    United Kingdom 

I will soon require new tyres for the D5 and its currently on 285 40 22 pirelli scorpion verdes. I have been looking at something a bit more AT and have seen general grabber AT and yokohama Ats but these are 285 45 22. Has anyone fitted the slightly higher profile?
    the other alternative is to go 275 45 22 but would rather have the wider tyres to help stop my other half kerbing the alloys

Just seems the 285 40 22 is very limited for choices

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I always use this site when considering new tires in a different size. https://tiresize.com/calculator/

You'll find the outside diameter is what makes the most difference - stick with the known width, and play with the aspect ratio.

I run 255/70-18 on Compomotive PD1881 wheels and that works out to an OD of 32.1". I believe 33" OD tires will rub especially at access height and/or at full lock.
  • Marsie
    United Kingdom 

Thanks. Would like to stick with 285 width as it offers a bit of protection to the rims but it depends if I could go up a profile to 45 without any issues. Time to get the tape measure out I guess

According to the comparison site by going up to 45 profile I am going up 1.1 inches in diameter so providing I have more than 1/2" clearance I should be OK. But I also have to allow for a new tyre vs worn tyre so probably nearer 3/4-1" either side Confused

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

At that point, best to check the specific brand and size for their actual outside diameter and sidewall width. Tire size standards are only guidelines, actually tires can vary.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum