Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Security status not always correct in the app

Anyone else noticed this on their cars? A few times since getting my MY23.5, the LR app has reported a window open, or similar, when it's actually fully locked and secured. I've walked back to check, only to realise the app has it wrong.

On Friday I parked at T5 Pod Parking for a business trip, locked the car, double checked everything was locked, and checked the app, and it was reporting windows and doors to be open. Knowing it wasn't the case, I headed off to the terminal.

An hour later I checked the security status on the app again, and it said Unlocked, windows open and boot open and car unlocked. Tried to lock it via the app, but it failed and said not possible.

I didn't trust it, given the recent false alerts, but the status didn't change the whole trip.

Funnily enough, the car was exactly where I left it when I returned 24hrs later, fully secured. Nothing open.

Buggy software do you think, and will clear on a future update?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thank you - I'll have a look at trying the suggested fix, but I see for the other chap it hasn't worked. But might for me!

I'd wondered if it was because I was running iOS 17 Beta, and not all apps will work reliably... but we'll see.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Same issue also from day one. Disco Sport was always 100% on this in the same app, so I suspect it's software in some module. Was hoping it would be corrected by an update but Pivi 4.0.x has made no difference.
  • BBDisco5
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I also occasionally get the "window open" warning when they are closed.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I have had the same several times, shows windows open or door unlocked or car in totally different location, no idea how to overcome this nor has the dealer.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • gavsta

Had the same issue every time the front passenger window had been used. The app would subsequently signal the window was open, despite it not being the case.

First discovered the problem when we were away, and had left the car with concierge parking at Heathrow. We emailed them, assuming a window was genuinely open, and they kindly checked, by starting the car and pulling up all window buttons, as they did not spot any open window. The alert persisted.

The manual reset of the window sensor provided a temporary fix, however, each time the window was next used, the alert would return.

When the car was next in with the dealer, we mentioned it and they applied a quick fix.

Happily, not had the issue since!
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Any chance you could find out what the fix was? Might help others point their dealer in that direction
  • HHCG1100
    Germany 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

My 2019 D5 had the same thing. I left the car in a public parking area and was out of the country when the app reported an open window. Crazy situation. I had somebody drive to the car and all was good, windows closed, locking system active. Better to have no such app than to have this kind of a scenario. Sad

D4 SDV6 SE / 2014-09 / Corinthian Grey / sold.
    D5 SD6 HSE / 2019-08 / Carpathian Grey, Black Pack, Ebony.
  • gavsta

gavsta wrote:
    Had the same issue every time the front passenger window had been used. The app would subsequently signal the window was open, despite it not being the case.

First discovered the problem when we were away, and had left the car with concierge parking at Heathrow. We emailed them, assuming a window was genuinely open, and they kindly checked, by starting the car and pulling up all window buttons, as they did not spot any open window. The alert persisted.

The manual reset of the window sensor provided a temporary fix, however, each time the window was next used, the alert would return.

When the car was next in with the dealer, we mentioned it and they applied a quick fix.

Happily, not had the issue since!

The open window alert has reoccurred. Coincidentally, the car is due at the dealer tomorrow, so will be able to enquire about the fix (albeit non-permanent).
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

This happens on my 24my on Pivi 4.0.1, and is very repeatable. If I open and then close either of the front windows, when I lock the car, the app reports window open, if I let system power down, then unlock car, app then shows correct window status of closed, and relocking shows correct full alarmed status, need to let system power down, if I get out of car, lock, unlock and re-lock without power down, app still shows windows open. My main concern is that I believe that insurance companies can request the lock status of the car from LR if its stolen, and if the status says windows were open then perfect get out for non insurance payout.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • gavsta

Great analysis. Confirmed the same pattern with the MY23.5.

I'll mention this, along with the insurance concern, tomorrow, and shall report back.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Thumbs Up

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum