Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Pivi 4.1.4 has installed on my car and .... it no longer keeps switching back to Apple Maps!! Hurrah!! Very Happy

No sign of a bike rack option in trailers yet.

EDIT: It seems that one of the 'fixes' 4.1.4 is supposed to contain,

Quote:
    Audio may continue to play after exiting the vehicle.

i.e. the music restarts as the phone disconnects/reconnects as you move around the vehicle after driving, is worse than before... will try a full reset at some point, but I don't like doing that as you lose history.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Just updated to 4.1.5 last night, can't say I've noticed anything significant has changed, except the speed limit bing-bong is now on its own menu.

2024 Discovery Metropolitan D300 - Offroad & Towing Packs - Varesine Blue
    2019 Discovery HSE SDV6
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

Mine updated a couple of days ago, notes mentioned a bug fix for no steering assist after start.

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Arrived at work yesterday, asked me to do a 45-min update. Clicked yes.
    Since asked me twice more, I keep saying yes and leaving it hours.....

Wonders if it'll have done it by tomorrow! Rolling Eyes

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

It asked me yesterday, I chose the schedule option and set it do it overnight, was installed when I checked this morning.

2024 Discovery Metropolitan D300 - Offroad & Towing Packs - Varesine Blue
    2019 Discovery HSE SDV6
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Usually lack of install is related to perceived battery charge state... There is a campaign out I think on some 2023 Disco's for lack of charging from the BISG... A quick visit to Topix would tell you if maybe your car is subject to that.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Just checked Topix (never knew of that service, so thank you), and no outstanding campaigns showing.

Drove it this afternoon, and the update had still not completed. This time I scheduled it for 20:20hrs tonight, so will see if that makes any difference...

It's at the dealer on Tuesday for an (early) service, so will have them take a look if needed.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • eelpout
    United States 

my '22 wouldn't update either.

looked into the battery and it could never hold an overnight charge of more than around 12.3v, which apparently isn't enough for the D5 to want to update. got a new battery which can hold ~13.0 overnight. After that it updated no problem.

Might have to have the dealer look into whether the battery is charging as it should, likely I just haven't been driving it enough.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Interesting re: the battery - think mine must finally have worked once I'd scheduled it, not just tried to start it immediately. Drove the car today and not alerts to do the update. Phew!

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

If you click on the 'person' icon on the top right, you usually get a message in there to say the software installed correctly. As well as checking in settings... it does seem very sensitive to battery state, although I guess they have to be as remote bricking a car won't go down well. I'd imagine hooking up to a CTEK overnight would allow an install to happen.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    I'd imagine hooking up to a CTEK overnight would allow an install to happen.

when I put mine through charging cycles and noticed that it wouldn't hold more than 12.3v (overnight) is when I decided to make the change to a new battery. was getting tired of "your battery is too low, start the car" messages as well whenever the door was opened. Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum