Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• dgardel
    Italy 

MY17 D5 AndroidAuto & Apple CarPlay retrofitting

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Amazing! Well done. Thumbs Up

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • pirecrompir
    Slovenia 

Thanks again!

Just to make this clear: I have a MY18 D5 without smartphone pack (LOW_LINE audio interface). For only Android Auto to work (this is the only thing I care about) I only have to enable the smartphone pack in CCF? No need to change the audio interface hardware to MID or HIGH_LINE?

If I only need Android Auto do I have to change all 3 entries in CCF or only the number 1?

#1 Activating the "Smartphone pack."
    • Default setting: 0x01 (Not installed)
    • New Selection: 0x0e (CE App Projection Features - mySPIN, CarPlay and.
    Android Auto Fitted)

#2 Edit the infotainment information.
    • Default setting: 0x10 (low NGI line)
    • New selection: 0x20 (NGI Hi line)

#3 Edit UIP Information
    • Default setting: 0x02 (LOW_LINE)
    • New selection: 0x04 (HIGH_LINE

Thank you very much for your hard work!

Gregor
  • dgardel
    Italy 

1. have you the 10" screen?
    2. have you the UIP "green checked type" as per the table/pic on my document?

if both yes, you need to change all the 3 settings on the CCF.
  • pirecrompir
    Slovenia 

I have 10.2" screen, but UIP LOW_LINE (2 USB ports).

But you said:
    "Forced activation of the smartphone pack is also possible without HSD cable (APIX2 - HDMI) and
    with UIP LOW_LINE. In the case of 8 inches, the InControlApps icon is visible and in the case of 10.2
    inches, the Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and InControlApps icons are visible."

So, can I just change all 3 settings in CCF without changing the UIP to MID or HIGH_LINE for Android Auto to work?

Thanks,
    Gregor
  • dgardel
    Italy 

But you need the UIP WITH HDMI (with or without SIM slot) input even if you cannot connect the apix2 cable (HDMI connection) because you need the USB hi-speed (*)(not normal) present on HDMI versions.

You can try w/o and let me know (I changed my UIP, bough used on eBay. I not tried with the basic UIP)

Have you upgraded the inControl SW to for the Smartphone pack upgrade?

(*) mandatory for Android Auto / Apple CarPlay operations

Last edited by dgardel on 20th Sep 2024 10:49 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • dgardel
    Italy 

Search for the N377v6 buletin

Pubblicazione n.: N377v6
    Model: Discovery (LR)
    Model Year: 2017 - 2018

"Con questa campagna, i veicoli meno recenti saranno aggiornati con gli ultimi miglioramenti del software del sistema di informazione e intrattenimento,
    inclusi il pacchetto smartphone e la capacità di ricevere gli aggiornamenti SOTA (Software Over The Air)."

"With this campaign, older vehicles will be updated with the latest information and entertainment system software enhancements, including the smartphone package and the ability to receive SOTA (Software Over The Air) updates."

For Android Auto and/or Apple CarPlay, Smarthphone Pack is MANDATORY!
  • pirecrompir
    Slovenia 

So, my LR dealer should upgrade this for free? I mean the software.
  • dgardel
    Italy 

I hope for you, yes!

Mine done it free of charge (but the Owner it's my friend)..... I have free access to the workshop..... and to the equipment.... I DIY all the jobs on my car....
  • dgardel
    Italy 
  • dgardel
    Italy 

What vehicles are eligible for this Infotainment system software update and Smartphone Pack?
    The update is only relevant for the following 2016-18MY vehicles with InControl Touch Pro:

MODEL______2016MY____2017MY_____2018MY
    Discovery ______N__________Y__________Y

Smartphone Pack: Vehicle Hardware Requirements
    The Smartphone Pack will be a standard feature for Jaguar Land Rover vehicles with InControl Touch Pro software from 19B onwards for eligible vehicles (see below).

However, to make use of the Smartphone Pack requires the following:
    1. InControl Touch Pro with 10.2-inch touchscreen. The Smartphone Pack is not compatible with the 8-inch touchscreen.
    2. Front User Interface Panel (UIP) with On-The-Go-enabled USB ports.

What is the process for updating vehicles to the new software?

1) Eligible customers will receive a letter via the standard campaign process with news of the software update, free Smartphone Pack, and SOTA functionality.

2) Customer books an appointment with their Retailer. An eligible vehicle may already be coming in for other service or warranty work and this campaign should be carried out during the same visit.

3) The update will remove stored radio favorites and Bluetooth® phone connections. Advise the customer of this, note the stored radio favorites to reinstate them following the update and offer to assist the customer with pairing their Bluetooth devices. Bluetooth pairing is one of the improvements in 19B software. Map data including stored locations, speech recognition database, and media content (e.g. music) stored in the system will be retained.

4) Retailer technicians perform the software update for InControl Touch Pro using the latest process and USB stick (procedures to be published to TOPIx), enabling technicians to quickly and robustly update older vehicles.
    Technicians must follow the step-by-step instructions within the Jaguar Land Rover-approved diagnostic tool to complete the vehicle software update by USB.
  • pirecrompir
    Slovenia 

Thank you very much for all the information! I'll contact my dealer/garage about upgrading and see where it goes from there 😊. Otherwise I'll ask you again if I could stop by your place for your help, we live pretty close to each other 😉🙏.

Thanks,
    Gregor
  • dgardel
    Italy 

Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum