Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Craigp
    England 

Entertainment system SE

On the SE when I park up after listening to music through the usb . On entering the car again the sound switches back to the radio. When you select usb sometimes it takes ages to re-initialise sometimes plays straight away. I appreciate the SE system is different to the HSE sys. Anybody else finding this?
  • J77
    Scotland 

Can't help I've not tried USB on mine only Bluetooth and connecting 📱

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

When I've been parked up at night testing the kids videos on USB I usually find it continues playing where I left off (audio only of course) when I start up in the morning.

It also seems to pick up from when I've previously been streaming my phone audio (bluetooth).
  • Craigp
    England 

I've been living with this for some time concerning the usb. There just dosnt seem to be any consistency. Occasionally it will play straight away sometimes takes 20 to 30s sometimes several minutes. On other occasions it will play then crash and lock the screen then reboot. Other times a few minutes before the Usb option becomes available. Most frustrating I can't see a pattern at all.
  • J77
    Scotland 

I still haven't tried it yet

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Re the USB i haven't worked out how to get the album art. I have worked out the other tags to use. to nominate album, song etc. Using mp3tag. But the album art eludes me at this point. Does anybody know what or how i can set this. It seems to come from their internal database just no documentation on it.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

There is another thread about this, it is not clear how it does it.

I keep my albums in a Itunes library and just copied them to a USB stick and they all appeared as you would expect.
  • Craigp
    England 

Some album art there some not, but that may be more to do with where the music was obtained 😉😉
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I do not think it is that., I have collected my music as well! Rolling with laughter
  • Jacko
    Australia 

i am pretty sure it does use the meta tags of the mp3 file. I had one file with cover art of a red head but in the disco it showed a green head. So I really think it must use its own internal database or download it from some site. I just wish I knew what tags it uses to find its pictures (if at all)

[/img]
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum