Having plugged in my recently purchased Gap IID to check for fault codes, I found there to be the two in the subject box.....having Googled these codes they point towards the TCU, and possible battery failure amongst a few other possibilities.
Can anybody point me in the direction of it's location please, as I seem to be getting conflicting information when searching the internet.
Like Harry said, as your Disco is a pre-facelift model, the battery compartment is in the boot on the right hand side just behind the 2nd row seats (next to where the jack is). I always buy my batteries online from Tayna batteries. Link
Quick how-to vid on replacing your battery...poor quality video but it's all there was. Remember to reset the BMS (Battery Monitoring System) with your IID tool once you replace the battery.
For clarity, it's the TCU location I'm asking about as the fault codes (B14A9-13/B14AA-13) that appear on the IID, suggest that the battery in it might need changing.
I seem to remember seeing something online that shows it's behind the N/S C pillar as Harry suggests, but I would like it confirming before i start pulling it apart and probably breaking plastic fasteners in the process.
Ah, clearer now what you're after, Mark. The TCU (Telematics Control Module) If that's what you mean, is behind the OS upper c pillar plastic trim. You have to remove the plastic trim panel to gain access.
The battery compartment you can make out from the image. Once the battery pack has been replaced, the TCM has to be recalibrated either by an IID tool or by dealership software.
It's not a thing I've messed with since I use my phone rather than the on board connectivity software. My TCM doesn't have any errors...but being an early 2017 model, it's 3G only...which makes it utterly useless.
You're more than likely right Harry. I've never had cause to look for mine...and the workshop manual isn't too clear which side it's on. Since you've already done the job, I'll bow to your knowledge. Thanks for picking that up.
You cannot create new threads in this forum You cannot reply to threads in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum