Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RyanRC
    United States 

Amount of extra ripped media storage?

Hello all

Just to note before I go into this that I have never owned a Land Rover vehicle before, or anything that was made by LRJ, so while I am a bit tech savvy I am really green to their systems.

So this morning I was reading through the iGuide and in reading through the section of Importing/Ripping Media it talks about how the vehicles internal storage which is used for navigation data, speech data and metadata databaseds, can also allow media storage.

So I would assume whats left after all that can vary on how much of that gets put in, but in general or even to a best guess with the consideration of all those, does anyone know just how much is left for other media storage?

Naturally I am not asking for this measurement by how many songs or perhaps count of other forums of media, but more in bit size data.

In sort of a follow up question to that, is there any place in the iControls system where I can view how much storage is being used and how much is left?

Thank for any help.
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I don't know exactly but I ran out of space at somewhere between 4.5 and 6 gb when I was initially importing videos.

I now have just music on the internal storage and keep videos on a USB flash drive. It's not perfect though as often I get in the car and find it can't read the contents of the USB attached drive, I have to disconnect and reconnect it.
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I managed to get just under 10Gb on a USB stick of Music. It does not fail gracefully when full in that you get no messages and a truncated copy. First attempt was 15GB and was a straight copy of my iTunes folder. It is so fast though it is easy to recopy the whole thing.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum