Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RyanRC
    United States 

Hello all

So I was just out doing some memday stuff and happen to be going by the dealer again and needed to take some measurements anyway so while my sales person was to busy to talk, he did let me walk around the lot and so I took a look at a few things and took some pics.

First is one of a D5 with a window sticker and apologize for the rain, but through it you could see that it has the Visual Assist Package, but its only for the $1,000 I mentioned and as you can see, it does not list the Adaptive as part of the things it comes with.

So as they have several on the lot now I took at look at all the others and for any one that had the Visual package all their stickers said the same, as well they said nothing of anything referring to Adaptive LED lights any place else on the sticker.

I then took some picks of the headlamps on this one which for those that already have one I guess is pointless and again, please excuse the rain, but as you can see and as was said, these lights are not like the ones LR seems to have put on anything else. Which for that you can see the other pic I took of one that had what it called Xeon Adaptive.

So I took a look at every other car on the lot for every model, but for everyone I could find if it had an adaptive light, it was like the round one.

So at this point if I had to guess, either that whole LED assembly of lights turns, or perhaps somehow certain ones come on and off and some are at dif angels, which would seem very odd as I would think you would see that.

Or perhaps it's something else.

Last edited by RyanRC on 29th May 2017 7:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Rockcypher wrote:
    No, unfortunately truck is on a slow boat from the UK, originally showed to be at dealer late May, now pushed back to Late June Censored Topix will list various options by name only, no codes are given , if you know your VIN number you can input it and vehicle will be retrieved, in the 'Vehicle Features' portion of the window, select the 'Show more vehicle features ' option, and a list titled 'Minor features', will open. Features are then listed.
    Thanks for the info.

An I hope I'm not asking to much but by any chance, do you have some documentation or memory as to if you asked for this feature specifically, or did you just feel you got it along with the Visual Assist Package?

Also do you have anyway to tell if that cost you $1,200 or $1,000?

Again, sorry to be a bother and hope I'm not asking to much but just trying to figure this all out.
  • Fritzz
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Fuji White

As RyanRC noted, on the US website and in the US brochure, Adaptive LED headlights appear to have been removed as an option. They were formerly part of the Vision Assist Package that in early April had a price of $1,200. Now, without the Adaptive LEDs, the price for the Vision Assist Package has dropped to $1,000. In early April I used the online configuration tool to build my order (it included the Adaptive LEDs). The order was actually placed by the dealer in late April and I noticed that the Vision Assist Package it was $200 less than I expected. I thought it was just a mistake in my favor, but now it looks like the price drop is likely because they removed Adaptive LEDs as an option. Not a big deal for me, but for those questioning weather you have them, I'm guessing that you may not.

Last edited by Fritzz on 30th May 2017 2:10 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Feel like I am obsessing with this a little bit, but little more info which may be useful or not is via the one place I could find on the net that seems to be showing at least some stuff that lists things by a part number for the new D5.

So for the lights here is that page: http://allbrit.de/epc.cfm?PAGE=4170105B&am...SPRACHE=EN

As at least that shows while it speaks of both, the light assembly itself seems to be the same number for ether or.

As well it doesn't seem to show any kind of motors or pivot points that would make the assembly move.

I also spent time looking around some of the other pages at that site and could not find anything else that would make it one way or another.

About the only thing I found was some references in a page of the electrical harness sections, but again was the same number for the harness either way

Almost seems as if its one way or another its got nothing to do with moving parts, but perhaps something controlled as like in the main computer or something, although I just really could not see how that could be getting done unless there was some kind of light switching going on...which just seems again to me to be something you would notice when using it.

Anyway, again feel like I'm obsessing but just am really wondering and especially with all I'm reading here and finding from other sources that if in fact there is no such feature possible despite what LR is listing.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

RyanRC,

Your first photo is the same as the one I posted earlier and shows the so called Adaptive LED Headlights.

I did wonder if it was a system of altering the beam pattern?
  • RyanRC
    United States 

I still am not sure though as like I showed in the pic before it, the window sticker for the car that light is on does not describe it as Adaptive and from what I am seeing of the numbers and descriptions at this point it could be one or the other.

Guess what I'm saying is just because its like the one in your pic, or mine does not mean its Adaptive.

At least by all I'm seeing it could also be just a regular LED and look like those and I have yet to see how one is different from the other and if it is, how it could possibly work.

To recap, yes there seems to be two different option codes for one or the other, but the part number for the light assembly seems to be the same between the two, and there seems to be no motors or moving parts that are a part of either.

Plus as people are describing who say they got this, no one feels as if the lights while driving seem to be doing anything.
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Fritzz wrote:
    As RyanRC noted, on the US website and in the US brochure, Adaptive LED headlights appear to have been removed as an option. They were formerly part of the Vision Assist Package that in early April had a price of $1,200. Now, without the Adaptive LEDs, the price for the Vision Assist Package has dropped to $1,000. In early April I used the online configuration tool to build my order (it included the Adaptive LEDs). The order was actually place by the dealer in late April and I noticed that the Vision Assist Package it was $200 less than I expected. I thought it was just a mistake in my favor, but now it looks like the price drop is likely because they removed Adaptive LEDs as an option. Not a big deal for me, but for those questioning weather you have them, I'm guessing that you may not.
    Hello Fitzz and welcome to the forum btw.

Wonder if you might be inclined to do so, if you could contact your sales person and ask him if as since the Adaptive one seem to have been removed if it was possible to have ordered it with the option code 064GJ I mentioned.
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Hello all

Sorry if all this is getting annoying, but I just was going through more Land Rovers on that parts site I linked and the PN 13008 I thought was not dif for the D5, seems to be a common number at least there for most if not all of the complete head light assemblies.

Don't know but could be they got this from the Topix mechanical sight somehow and in there is more there.

Anyway, just wanted to mention it as I found that out.

So at least for me am kinda back to square one as to if there are two and how the Adaptive might work.
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Press release

New Discovery is available with optional adaptive LED headlamp technology. The jewel-like LED units provide a characterful lamp signature that closely follows the bold design previewed by the Discovery Vision Concept. On SE trim levels upwards, this includes distinctive daytime running lights with ‘lightpipe’ elements, which turn from white to amber when the directional-indicators are used.

The headlamps feature five modes to suit different driving situations; Country, Town, Motorway, Alternative Country (for low visibility) and High Beam, as seven clusters of LEDs illuminate in different combinations to optimise lighting depending on the conditions.

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Peter,

That is great, first time I have seen any explanation.

It would be nice to know how it decides!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Last edited by jimbg on 30th May 2017 10:59 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

Fritzz wrote:
    As RyanRC noted, on the US website and in the US brochure, Adaptive LED headlights appear to have been removed as an option. They were formerly part of the Vision Assist Package that in early April had a price of $1,200. Now, without the Adaptive LEDs, the price for the Vision Assist Package has dropped to $1,000. In early April I used the online configuration tool to build my order (it included the Adaptive LEDs). The order was actually placed by the dealer in late April and I noticed that the Vision Assist Package it was $200 less than I expected. I thought it was just a mistake in my favor, but now it looks like the price drop is likely because they removed Adaptive LEDs as an option. Not a big deal for me, but for those questioning weather you have them, I'm guessing that you may not.

I ordered in Jan including the Vision Package. My vista order states:

041CB Vision Assist Package $ 1,200
    064GJ Adaptive LED Headlamps + Signature DRL

If they are no longer offering Adaptive LED Headlamps, what will happen to my order?

Ordered - HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Kaikoura Stone 20" Black pack + more.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • RyanRC
    United States 

PeterW wrote:
    Press release

New Discovery is available with optional adaptive LED headlamp technology. The jewel-like LED units provide a characterful lamp signature that closely follows the bold design previewed by the Discovery Vision Concept. On SE trim levels upwards, this includes distinctive daytime running lights with ‘lightpipe’ elements, which turn from white to amber when the directional-indicators are used.

The headlamps feature five modes to suit different driving situations; Country, Town, Motorway, Alternative Country (for low visibility) and High Beam, as seven clusters of LEDs illuminate in different combinations to optimise lighting depending on the conditions.
    Thanks for the info.

To be hoist though if you read that carefully, it almost reads like it could just be talking about some kind of mood lighting thing that the surrounding lights do...but am not saying I couldn't be wrong just that I feel its not completely definitive.

At this point and especially with seeing the ones I saw yesterday where they looked the same but listed no Adaptive, if I were to guess at the possibilities via depending on what you order it could be.

-Straight LEDS that do nothing.
    -LEDs that somehow move the housing prisms and even possibly the LEDS along with, all inside that cluster.
    -Fixed LED's and prisms but where each prism has a different reflective angle where by each alone or in combo create a different than completely straight ahead lighting angle as then come on or off.

Last edited by RyanRC on 30th May 2017 11:45 am. Edited 5 times in total
  • RyanRC
    United States 

sportcoupe wrote:
    I ordered in Jan including the Vision Package. My vista order states:

041CB Vision Assist Package $ 1,200
    064GJ Adaptive LED Headlamps + Signature DRL

If they are no longer offering Adaptive LED Headlamps, what will happen to my order?

That's basically the language I would expect to see on some kind of order sheet where the 064GJ Adaptive part is added as it does not just simply come with the 041CB package.

Just would want to be sure that is what is listed and made sure the salesperson added if it at all even can still be gotten.

As far as what you will get sportcoupe I would suspect you will need to talk to your salesperson to best find out.
  • PeterW
    England 

According to the manual the Adaptive headlights physically move.

ADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTING SYSTEM (AFS)

When cornering using dipped beam, the Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) adjusts the headlights beams to provide improved illumination in the direction of travel.
    The AFS is deactivated when:
    Reverse gear (R) is selected.
    The vehicle is stationary.
    The Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are switched on.
    If a system fault is detected, the headlights attempt to move to the central position and remain stationary. The AFS warning lamp illuminates to indicate that a fault is present. See ADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTING SYSTEM (AFS) (AMBER).

Peter
  • PeterW
    England 

Hi
    I ordered and paid for LED Adaptive lights. My vin on Topix confirms.

This is picture of label on headlight. Can anyone confirm this part is Adaptive?

Click image to enlarge

Peter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum