• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

MPG thread : 411 miles averaging 41.8

Kent to Shropshire and back

41.8mpg.

Quite impressive for a 3l car

• Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

What was the average speed? I regularly see >40mpg in my 3.0SDv6 RRS but it is always when the speed is held back by heavy traffic on the local roads and my speed is held back to less than 55mph....
  • J77
    Scotland 

I just done a brim to brim calculation, mainly town driving, display saying 29mpg but actual is 25mpg.

I drove my one down to Romford, achieved 41.7mpg so even taking into account the 4mpg over read, 37 still ain't bad.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Pretty good fuel economy

Have never had a car with that much differ nice between actual mpg and that as reported by the OBC

My average speed was 50
  • v2cjb
    United Kingdom 

That's a good mpg. My 3.0 first edition usually says around 28 on the screen but like you j77 I always brim tank and works out 25mpg which is good as we do quite a few short trips which kills mpg. 5200 miles now so running in nicely.
  • Natwest
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Pcheaven mpg is why I'm downsizing to a F-Pace and upsizing to a 300 ps v6 from a 240 inline 4... Should be even better as F-Pace weighs less than d5 and does 0-60 in 5.7 seconds Twisted Evil

I tried a very low mileage v6 d5 (<100 miles old) and it was 3mpg better than my 2 litre (6000 miles) on the same route at the same time of day with similar traffic levels.

Now: 19MY Velar D240 HSE R-Dynamic
    On order: 20MY Discovery SD6 HSE w. Dynamic pack
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

The economy aspect of running my D5 TD6 has been a pleasant surprise after the V8 LR3 and even that was moderately frugal compared with some of the north american SUVs and trucks out here. I am regularly getting around 7.4l/100km about 38mpg if the online converter I just used can be believed Smile Thats 31 mpg in US gallons btw. Diesel is about 96c a litre (even cheaper south of the border) so I feel very happy every time I start her up.

My smugness will of course be wiped away when I come back home for my annual trip to the UK and I look at my credit card statement for fuel Whistle Serves me right!

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum