Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• AJRGM
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Namib Orange

Middle seat folding

Hello all, my first thread here.

For the last few weeks I've wondered how to get the middle row seats to fold flat from the rear doors. They are able to fold completely flat from the boots control panel but not from the buttons on the actual seat. It gets to around a 60° angle and stops so I was just wondering if any of you know how to?

I tried the online manual but it shows a picture with a discovery that has a manual handle instead of an electric button.

Thanks
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Are you talking about the buttons to partially tip the 2nd row for access to the 3rd row by any chance?
  • AJRGM
    United Kingdom 

If those are the buttons with just arrows on them, yes
  • AJRGM
    United Kingdom 

Any further ideas?
  • Phil
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Hi, the buttons with arrows on them are only for tilting to allow access into the rear seats.

To fold the seats there are buttons on the side panel adjacent to the middle row seats, as you open the door the buttons are visible, they also fold from the infotainment panel and from the duplicate buttons in the rear,

Disco 5 First Edition, Namib Orange,
  • AJRGM
    United Kingdom 

Phil wrote:
    Hi, the buttons with arrows on them are only for tilting to allow access into the rear seats.

To fold the seats there are buttons on the side panel adjacent to the middle row seats, as you open the door the buttons are visible, they also fold from the infotainment panel and from the duplicate buttons in the rear,

I've just been out to the car again, after constantly trying to find out how to do this.

The buttons similar to the ones seen on the boot panel control the rear boot seats and slightly tilt the middle row seats.
    The arrow buttons located on the top of the seat tilt the seats once again.
    The seat shaped controls on the bottom side of the seat only tilt the seats as well or move them back and forward.

As off, still no luck with folding fully. I would've thought it would be quite an obvious control.
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

I think once they do the initial fold, hold the buttons down again in the boot panel and then they go flatter... Not by much though..
  • Jacko
    Australia 

I thought the buttons in the rear folded the seats but not totally flat so as to protect the leather. if you want it to go flat you have to hold the button down after the initial folding. if that makes sense
  • AJRGM
    United Kingdom 

Jacko wrote:
    I thought the buttons in the rear folded the seats but not totally flat so as to protect the leather. if you want it to go flat you have to hold the button down after the initial folding. if that makes sense

Hi, thanks for the response.. I tried this today and still no luck, it made sense however I feel like this is an issue with the car or just an extremely overseen feature.
  • cji73
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Yulong White

Hi, thanks for the response.. I tried this today and still no luck, it made sense however I feel like this is an issue with the car or just an extremely overseen feature.
    Post #6799

I just went out to double check my car. I can't believe it doesn't do it. As you say it is a massive oversight!
  • cji73
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Yulong White

AJRGM wrote:
    Jacko wrote:

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

my centre row go flat, either using screen, buttons in boot or app on phone...not had an issue with them stopping above that (other than when someone left something on the back seat lol)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum