Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Telstone
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

SO , the pictures are of the same spec car but clearly have different dash covering?
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Yes agree Telstone

Under closer examination of my car an HSE (MY17) I believe the doors, cubby top and front are leather but dash top and steering wheel insert not.
    Will post pictures soon as on home computer.

Last edited by PeterW on 29th Sep 2017 8:43 am. Edited 1 time in total

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Note the stitching in the photos. Very Happy

So I now believe the extended leather pack of the HSE Lux is just steering wheel insert and dash top

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Peter - all i can say is if my HSE has the same amount of leather and stitched leather over the clocks as yours ( as standard) I will be extremely happy , just don't understand how or what package/ extra it is .

Thanks again
  • HSEMY18
    United Kingdom 

Hi Telstone and Peter, thanks for all your comments and pictures.

I totally agree with Telstone, that if my MY18 model has the same amount of leather as your then I will be an extremely happy bunny đŸ˜€
  • LukasW
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Frankly I'm not really sure that the dash middle/cubby top/door top upholstery in HSE is actual leather.

It's definitely soft and nice looking but also a bit more matt/grainy/coarse than what you get in HSE Lux (and HSE Lux based First Edition), where it's basically the same leather you have on the seats.

It's either some other type of leather or some leatherette/fine plastic, but definitely not the same thing that's on the HSE Lux. Still nice though.
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

Your probably correct - my original question was why are the dash’ s different on the 2 pictures i posted ? in the second photo you can see if you zoom in that their are 2 lines in the middle of the dash and you can clearly see stitching over the clocks- the same as peters car.Yet if you configure your car on the web this design is not an option .The first picture is standard i think?

Thanks
  • HSEMY18
    United Kingdom 

Just got my detailed spec sheet and it states that the central armrest / door material and dash material is PVC.

Spoke to the dealer regarding whether there is an option for extended Leather pack on HSE but was informed that this option was not available.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I have an HSE with standard leather and the dash and central arm rest are as a previous poster has said nice to touch. Definitely not BL 1980`s PVC Laughing

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

Also spoke to my dealer - they cant explain the differance - its a mystery Question
  • ukms
    United Arab Emirates 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Albeit in the UAE ...... I have viewed an HSE and HSE Lux side by side and the Lux is definitely leather dash and door caps etc, the HSE was not leather but nevertheless very high quality. Although I have a lux on order for other preferences, I would prefer the non leather for durability, my fear will be that particularly on the door caps they could easily scratch with a ring or watch.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum