Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RyanRC
    United States 

Probably like you I Googled around with most of those numbers but came up with nothing.

But am wondering, if you haven't already done this...have you tried scanning that square code QR code thing on the upper left hand corner of the sticker with one of those apps for a smart phone and see what that does?

Edit: Actually perhaps you don't even have to as I used mine against the pic and all at least mind did was give me this number

HY32-13W030-GA-D901057871702180498

Which again, Google gave me nothing.

Just for a guess, the L462 is the LR code for the D5, and 17MY probably stands for 2017 Mid Year so those probably aren't the parts part number

So might suspect the part number is the HY32-13W030-GA, of either LR or perhaps Valeo
  • Fritzz
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Fuji White

sportcoupe wrote:

I ordered in Jan including the Vision Package. My vista order states:

041CB Vision Assist Package $ 1,200
    064GJ Adaptive LED Headlamps + Signature DRL

If they are no longer offering Adaptive LED Headlamps, what will happen to my order?

Not really sure. You'll either get them or you won't. If not, they should at least credit you the $200 price difference. For the $200 I'd rather have the adaptable lights but not sure if I can get them at this point.
  • Fritzz
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Fuji White

See page 15 of this PDF.

https://www.jaguar.com/Images/Jaguar-F-TYP...365959.pdf

Although its for a jaguar I suspect the various lighting modes are similar since the language used is similar to that noted previously. However, this seems to suggest that they don't actually move to follow the road based on steering inputs, but nut sure. Maybe they both move and display different modes. .?.?.
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Hi Ryan, yes I've googled all the numbers on the label nothing positive found.
    Maybe if someone who hasn't Adaptives post a picture of their label we will see a difference?

Good information Fritzz, yes agree the lights same a the Jag.
    But from my manual it definitely states Adaptives physically move.

"If a system fault is detected, the headlights attempt to move to the central position and remain stationary. The AFS warning lamp illuminates to indicate that a fault is present. "

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • Teemo
    United Kingdom 

Non adaptive on mine. Slightly different part number and description (Sig+GTG) on yours.
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Hey guys

Just providing some more info.

So I unusually had a day and situation today that allowed me to stop by the dealer.

My current sales person was out today, but others remembered me and allowed me to take some pics.

Again none of the Discovery's on the lot had Adaptive Lights and these pics are off a First Edition.

I also had one of the sales persons there check and she went into the system and came back and told me that indeed via either the Vision Package, or via the 064GJ code it currently is not available.

In the time I was waiting for her another sales person came by and I ended up talking with him about it and he told me he knew for sure it was not being sold here in the US.

He said it still is in Britain, but that in the US they would not allow it by law.

I asked him that it was odd that many other LR's had Adaptive Lights and he yes because they were not LED.

He said he didn't know really all the reasons why, but that because they were LED and Adaptive they were not allowed in the US. Apparently you could have it either way, but not both.

Anyway, we all know sometime things we have been told could be wrong, but just am passing along what I was told.

All in all it would seem right though at least from this point on as they have removed it from the US build page.

Oddly though it seems to be something you can get still get off the US site for the Evoque though. Although I will say I looked at every Evoque they had on the lot the other day when I was looking at the D5's and could not find one with the Adaptive LED listed. An they had a lot of Evoques.
  • Tim in Scotland
    United Kingdom 

You will probably find that there is something in a CFR/ DOT homologation rules that requires a separate dipping system (high/low beam) and LED (IIRC MATRIX LED's) don't have a dipping system as such they adjust the beam shape and number of LED's illuminated to achieve a dipped beam pattern. One way to check in the USA is to look on the Audi/VW/Skoda/SEAT websites and see if they also offer Adaptive LED headlights - then you will know if the DOT permit them or not and if LR are just not fitting them to USA spec cars. FYI we have the anomaly here that if you want to take your UK spec car to Europe you do not need to make any changes to the headlights these days as the dip pattern is such that you don't dazzle oncoming traffic, same for Europeans coming to the UK BUT if you are going to import your UK spec car into Europe then you have to have European dipping head lamp units fitted!
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

If you look at the back of the RHS headlamp unit, if you have the part shown circled in blue to the right of the electrical connector, then you have the adaptive lights. The bit shown is the horizontal beam motor.

I think the D5 LED adaptives are a waste of money when compared to the D4 version to be honest, and would suggest prospective buyers save their money for some other optional extra.

The part number for this lamp is shown below:

• PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Thanks Winger good information Thumbs Up

All present and correct on mine. Smile

(Note: Stating the obvious but LH & RH have slightly different part numbers)

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Thanks greatly for all this info guys.

But just out of curiosity, but has anyone been able to determine just what amongst all the info on these stickers is the actual LR part number?

So far about the only thing as far as these stickers go I have seen between whether it is a adaptive or not seems to the a little + symbol next to the word Signature in the lower right hand corner.

In other words, all the ones that people have show pics of that are Adaptive have a + symbol there, and ones that are not do not.
  • Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

I do have that part that you kindly circled. I agree that the benefits are not as obvious as on the xenon lights. Maybe they are so clever you don't realise that they are illuminating bits of the road in a more progressive fashion - I think I observe mine doing this, kind of fading in and out rather than swinging left and right.

Mar 2017 HSE Luxury,
    Dynamic Pack - Aruba
  • Matt
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Has anyone with adaptive lights and who doesn't experience them moving had any further feedback from their dealers?

I'm only just getting to drive mine in the dark as the days are getting shorter and mine definitely don't move at all. As with other posts, I do get the sides lighting up on corners and at low speeds but that's all.

Just wanted to see if there was any more info before I send mine in for a check.
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi Matt
    No they don't move like they used too. What seem to happen it when on dip and you speed drops below about 35mph you get extra illumination like your front fogs come on. Also when turning left or right at slowish speeds a curb light comes on in the direction of turn. So not too spectacular.
  • Matt
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Yep, that's exactly what I'm getting. Bit of a shame if that's all they do as it's nowhere near as good as adaptive lights I've seen on other manufacturers.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum