Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Imbaw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Yulong White

Did a spot of internet shopping

Hello and thanks for all the useful and interesting information on this forum

I am looking forward to this arriving on 22nd January 2018
  • J77
    Scotland 

Nice

Is that Yulong White?

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Looks great in white with Black Pack and Dynamic kit.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Classy combo black n white - never goes out of fashion Thumbs Up
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 

Yes, Yulong White - not quite as obvious as the pearlescent BMW equivalent which I really like.

I changed my mind so many times before finally committing as not only was I unsure until I saw one in the flesh - but I was concerned about the TOWIE "Raiynge" image too.

I will be driving this to Africa in the not too distant future and was advised white or white is preferable for the climate / region.

I will report back on my experience of what I believe is a new way of buying a Land Rover here in the UK once I have the keys Wink
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 

I hear that there are (further) delivery delays - my car was originally due on November 4th

Is there any way to check directly with Land Rover themselves rather than the 'dealer'?
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

What excuse is the dealer giving you ?
    Mines was due last week and still waiting for an answer to the reason of delay Sad
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 

No excuses - no information. I have been provided access to a portal which gives me status updates.... Not much changed since I placed the order in July 2017 despite being told that I shall be advised when it goes into build,

I sold my old car in anticipation of the November delivery so I have been renting a car since.

I want to pre-empt any additional delays so that I can make arrangements if necessary.
  • GP1200
    Australia 

Build Time

Wow, that seems such a long time, I did the deal in mid October, it was built in late November ( I have a chassis number ) and should be on a boat to Australia shortly - Delivery is late January or early February 2018.

It’s really strange they would take a order in July and deliver in 2018 in the country where it is being built?
    Mine should be a MY2018 with the new main dash panel, and hopefully any other update bits & pieces

GP1200
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 

Interesting that they are building and shipping quicker to Australia... I wonder if your dealer had a batch on order awaiting final specs.

The consolation for me is that I have definitely got a MY18 with digital dash.

Merry Christmas folks!
  • GP1200
    Australia 

Could be they were allocated a few build slots to sell, but saying that, until you are driving it out the dealership, the delivery date can be a bit fluid ......

GP1200
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

My D5 was ordered the day before Xmas eve and they were quoting build slots in early Feb. They expect the car to be stored for a week or so to get the 18 plate. Nothing was said about delays.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I have been told 12 weeks for the build, including delivery. Deposit was paid in September. Car was then specced up in October and was deliberately stalled till November, so that it would have the updated MY18 dash and other few upgrades. Dealer informed me that they won't have a problem delaying delivery for a month, as I dont want a 67 plate when the 18 plate is just around the corner. Has been guaranteed March 1st delivery. LR HQ has been emailed my order number at their request, as they will prioritise the build incase there are any hiccups, as they don't want a repeat of the fiasco with the FE which was 7 weeks late, even though the garage guaranteed delivery on March 1st this year. Fingers crossed it will arrive on time Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 26th Dec 2017 4:03 pm. Edited 4 times in total
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 

If it's delayed into Feb, I might consider waiting for the new plate also.

Although at this rate any theoretical uplift on the value of a newer plate car is being spent internet shopping for accessories while I wait.. Shocked
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ha ha tell me about it Amazon boxing day sale just a click away - new laptop here i come. Rolling with laughter

Try Duckworths or Rimmers for accessories. Not sure if they are doing a boxing day sale! Thumbs Up

Plus you only live once, not taking the penny's with you, so enjoy whilst you can. Life's too short Laughing

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 26th Dec 2017 3:57 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum