Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• J77
    Scotland 

Insurance

Just got my renewal through the door, Hastings Direct have put it up by £100.

A quick search through the comparison sites and More Than is the cheapest on 3 of them but £17 difference between Confused.com (cheapest), comparethemarket.com (£16 More) and moneysupermarket.com (£17 more).

Next bill will be the road tax, almost a year gone already, time flys.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Jambo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

I had my FFRR insured with Hastings who were by far the cheapest. When I bought the D5 I switched to Halifax as they offered a better deal at the time. Will be interesting to see what happens come renewal time.

Always amazes me how much the different companies quote for the same cover Rolling Eyes
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Always gone for NFU. They cover off road use too.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • fisherman
    United Kingdom 

I thought I'd run a quote through to see how much a £75k car can be insured for. Seems it's about £60 less than I'm paying for my £22k D4 through LV. Same spec with 5* Defaqto rating. Very Happy

Cancelled my order for 18MY HSE Luxury TD6 in Byron Blue with Oyster/Riems blue. Full Dynamic pack with deployable tow bar, Drive Pro pack, cubby fridge, 22" 5011's, ugly kid glass, mudflaps, passenger footwell net and adaptive headlights.
  • Andy3445
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I used Aviva this time came out nearly £200 cheaper than my D4 HSE which was with Tesco, only have 1 year NCD though as I lost the lot when I came back from living in Australia for 4 years Censored
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

mine is with santander (co-op) and by far the cheapest quote I got, despite living in rural county durham the nfu don't cover my postcode, although they insured an ifor williams trailer for me for years!!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Andy3445 wrote:
    I used Aviva this time came out nearly £200 cheaper than my D4 HSE which was with Tesco, only have 1 year NCD though as I lost the lot when I came back from living in Australia for 4 years Censored

I'm surprised you lost your no-claims discount. When moving from the UK to Australia, insurers here accepted my max no-claims from previous UK insurance documents. Surely it would work the other way around too?

Ron
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I’m sure there’s an ex-convict joke in there somewhere.... Whistle Laughing

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Probably, but I moved here when having a record was no longer an advantage getting residency Thumbs Up
  • Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I'm paying £430 fully comp my premium went up £35 when I changed from my D4 to D5. Not sure if this is good or bad!!
  • Andy3445
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

IndusD4 wrote:
    Andy3445 wrote:

I'm surprised you lost your no-claims discount. When moving from the UK to Australia, insurers here accepted my max no-claims from previous UK insurance documents. Surely it would work the other way around too?

Ron

Tried all the insurers and none of them would accept NCD from 4 years ago, I also had a company car while in Aus and they would not accept a letter from my employer saying I was accident free either, so 1 year NCD it is Big Cry Big Cry
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum