Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I’m surprised they haven’t released your new car. More like it has a different problem they are working on. I’ve now had my D5 around 6wks, but when I first went to collect it there was a “minor delay” while they “finished prepping it”. But eventually they had to tell me, sorry it has a technical fault. I insisted on seeing the car before leaving and it was in bits. No way was it ever going to be ready that day!
    It was delivered a week later and without the anti theft plate fitted. It’s already been back for other issues to be fixed and still no plate fitted. I asked about it and was told they were on backorder, but no mention of keeping the car.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

my thoughts exactly, they do say there was another minor recall on the boot catch...which is also on back order. at the moment they have no idea when they can release the car.. Ive given them till end of the week until i cancel my order., they said they'll put me in "something decent" at the weekend.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

aaarrggh

Ok I'll admit this is a bit of a rant...

But the new stock vehicle I ordered and waited for is sat in the covered area, registered and ready to rip..

BUT Land rover wont release it until the recall is done! Parts are on back-order with no idea at all of due date, they said could be 4 weeks!

Have you ever known such a dumb situation?

There's another guy with 3x D5 commercials in the same boat....who apparently is kicking off big style!

I'm trying to be as realistic and polite as possible but its beginning to be a complete joke.. Rolling with laughter

wonder if anyone from land rover ever casts an eye of this forum.

certainly not the starting off in good style, i suppose i should have learnt my lesson after owning a DS for 3 years and it been subject to countless recalls and garage trips, culminating in a 7 week stint for a new timing chain. call me glutton for punishment but i still love em ... Confused

rant over...ahh.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

Hooray!

call at 11am this morning..your cars ready!

1 recall has "disappeared" 2n was inspection ...

so collected her at 2pm.

what a beauty! standby for pictures! Cool
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Good news !

Maybe CRC were reading the forum and didn't want another rejection on their hands Smile

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Sorry, but you’ll be telling us next that Santa Claus exists as does the Easter Bunny. No way CRC reads this or in any way would act supposing they did. Rolling with laughter

Most of us are on our umpteenth LR and we know they despise us almost as much as the dealerships. Thumbs Up
  • Labbix

My dealerships were always pretty ok, JLR is the problem...
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Dealerships are like insurance companies, great whilst everything is going their way, absolutely awful if not.

I rejected a vehicle and they treated me worse than a criminal. Evil or Very Mad

And LRCS were like Pontius Pilate, fingers in ears, whistling, not returning calls.

I don’t know who I despise more tbh. Pity I like the cars. Rolling Eyes

As a consequence I made an 800 mile round trip to get my latest motor, but at least 400 miles of it was flying. Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Dangerdave wrote:
    Sorry, but you’ll be telling us next that Santa Claus exists as does the Easter Bunny. No way CRC reads this or in any way would act supposing they did. Rolling with laughter

Most of us are on our umpteenth LR and we know they despise us almost as much as the dealerships. Thumbs Up

I was joking Rolling Eyes

Oh and when I rejected my DS because it was built like a pile of crap, I had nothing but support from my dealer and LR didn’t delay or kick up a fuss at all, I ended up with a newer model year car too with a higher trade in value. Thus I now have a D5 Laughing Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 

30 oddmiles in..

Wow..what a beautiful car!
    Honestly astounded at the difference to the 2.0L courtesy car we had for 7 weeks!

So quiet compared to the 2.0L
    Very chuffed!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum