Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Nope, NO Towing, Drove a 2.0litre to day, It definately isn't as Silky Smooth as the 3.0litre, The accompanying V6 swoosh certainly adds to the ambiance whilst sat in the cabin.

That said, the driving experience isnt that much different from a V6 and some how feels really weird driving a HUGE car with a little engine, it doesn't feel underpowered whilst driving normally. Just a bit gutless when opening it up entering a Mtwy slip road up hill.

It wouldnt deter me from buying one though and the search continues.

More to follow...
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Hi Chalky

I also had a Discovery Sport and the D5 is huge difference it's such a big car I now have a 2lt SE with a black pack and I'm very pleased with it, I also agree the 3lt is silky smooth and effortless. But I don't tow and prefer better mpg, the SE has good spec and with a black pack it really stands out. Good look post photos once you got your D5. Chalkey Thumbs Up

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

OK, quick update... Not bought anything as yet but seem to have settled on Grey with Black pack,

Also looks likely it'll be an HSE. quite like the 10" screen, rear lights, Leather, heated rear seats, blind spot, reverse cam, and fancying black intetrior head lining.

So, one important question, AEB ? will a 67 Plate veh have this or is it on the 2018 MY Veh's.

How easy is it to fit a heated steering wheel, i did this on the old D3, presume same thing on this one ?
    clock spring and re flash.

Anything else i need to know ?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

They all have AEB as far as I know.

Heated steering isn’t that pricey as an option is it ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Not too sure they do all have it ? knowing my luck it won't be on mine.

Not ordering new so going to have to try and get the best one now ASAP to replace a Toureg thats just been written off.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

AEB is explained in the iGuide, so is available on MY17. Fairly sure it is on all trim levels. Thumbs Up
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Thank's Chaps Thumbs Up

Just sat patiently waiting for the end of the Month anticipating that a few might be reduced as the new regs arrive.

Can't get my head round this "we cant knock any money off" malarky...... its all done in central office and price checked daily. and they are ALL fairly priced,

Seemed odd as i pointed out he had an SE in at £52,400 17 plate and an HSE in same reg less miles at £49,800.

The HSE Sold and they knocked £4K out of the SE over the weekend Whistle

It's a bloody minefield....
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Chalkey wrote:
    Hi Chalky

I also had a Discovery Sport and the D5 is huge difference it's such a big car I now have a 2lt SE with a black pack and I'm very pleased with it, I also agree the 3lt is silky smooth and effortless. But I don't tow and prefer better mpg, the SE has good spec and with a black pack it really stands out. Good look post photos once you got your D5. Chalkey Thumbs Up

What sort of MPG you getting form the 2.0l

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum