Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Loose ad-blue tank? noise & vibration

I have a noise eminating from the passenger side bulkhead/ behind dash...the sound is a pronounced plastic knocking noise at low revs.

Anoyingly...I did not have this problem until I popped into the dealership for some bottles of ad-blue and they kindly offered “to drive it into the workshops & fill it for me”

The noise then became evident by time I had driven 40mins home, I returned to the dealership and the guy off the service desk took a look with me and devled into the top right /passenger side of the bay and found some loose/undone clips/fixings for some braided cables...which we thought was the fix...but I did not make it out the dealers car park before it started rattling again.
    The service guy said they would need to book it in for a day and get a “special accoustic probe” (I presume ears & fingers! 😂) into the area to source the cause of the rattle.

I have just been on a long run down South the past couple of days with lots of motorway & dual carraigeway driving and the noise from the passenger side bulkhead area is getting worse and I now have a vibration though my footwell/feet.

I wonder if the ad-blue tank is loose???...if ...when they filled the ad-blue tank to full, the additional weight of fluid and the added wieght on the tank brim has stressed/cracked one of the ad-blue tank brackets/fixings? ...It really does sound loud/deep enough to be something like that & I find it too much of a coincidence that it started after they had it in their workshops to fill the ad-blue tank 🤔
    Probably why the ad-blue tank is rarely filled to full when you collect it for the first time! 😂

I look forwards to hearing what they find tomorrow & how many trips back I will need to make before it finally gets fixed! 😕

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • Craigp
    England 

Don't think it will be a problem for me. The rattling seatbelt will drown in out. Laughing
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

😂...enjoy!

• arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Is the noise like some is drumming a plastic box with fingers? https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread948.html
    I have had similar from the beginning. Dealer have tried to fix it twice without any success.

Noise usually starts after I have driven a few minutes and sounds like it is coming from drivetrain/suspension as it can be heard if I shut down the engine. Now with noisy winter tyres it is less audible but with summer tyres it drives me mad.
    I have made trials with different tyre pressures and that seems to have some effect to the characteristic of the noise (from drumming to rumble) but noise is still audible.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I believe the AdBlue tank is actually under the floor of the front row on the left side. So if the sound is coming from the bulkhead it's probably something else.

Does it clunk or change when you go over bumps?
  • arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Now that I am thinking this, I have noticed that when driving over sharp edges, my D5 is making more/louder clunking sound than my D3 did. Like something is loose in the front end.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Not this?

Title
    SSM73640 - Land Rover and Range Rover Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar noise diagnosis
    Global reference
    SSM73640
    Navigation path
    Bulletins Special Service Messages Chassis
    Publication date
    23-Nov-2017 09:27:42
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Be most interesting to see what they find, car is already with them so they can get a full day on it!!!
    Remember...It only started after they topped up the add blue...she was very quiet with no vibration until they touched it...now it sounds & feels like a tractor currently...😔
    Can somebody confirm the layout of the pipes curcuit and tank location for the ad-blue please?

• PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Some information

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Perfect👌...appreciated

• Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

2.0L by any chance?

S
  • Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

DieselRanger wrote:
    I believe the AdBlue tank is actually under the floor of the front row on the left side. So if the sound is coming from the bulkhead it's probably something else.

Does it clunk or change when you go over bumps?

See my old post. This was not a vibration though.

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread893.html

S
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

They were unable to locate the source of the noise/rattle...they want it back in for a further 3 days 😕
    My engine is the 2ltr ingenium...

• Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

I have sent you a private message.
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Hi, message sent...

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum